Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: AQo vs huge fish and huge tag. Turn line please

Why have the thread's answers changed so much since the results were posted [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]? This is an easy bet on the turn imho.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, what the hell is he calling a $25 bet here w/.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any high club or maybe decent ace.

The only hands that are beating you on the flop are AK (unlikely from preflop play), two pair (unlikely given board, and would have raised flop with it anyway), set (basically impossible from a solid player given that he just called on flop) or flush. The turn essentially changes nothing, except you now beat a flopped two pair, and lose to trip 3s (not happening). The only hand that fits his betting that is beating you is a flopped flush, and if you're giving up and going all weak-tight based solely on this possibility then please play on my tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Sure fold to a turn raise, but seeing monsters under the bed every time someone calls on a three suited board is not profitable, especially when you figure to have the best hand (see above). His raise on the turn probably means flush, if you want to be results based then the 'correct' play (i.e. with Xray vision) was to check/fold turn. Unfortunately we dont, and against his liekly range the vast majority of the time turn he will check behind and thank you for the extra card to draw out on you.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:04 AM

fraz, I don't appreciate your tone. And you're advice is very bad. I especially liked the part about how with the 3 on the turn I'm now beating two pair. Reread the rest of the thread and villain's range (ie very rarely a high lone club) and then rethink your position
Old 03-03-2007, 02:06 AM

what do you think about c/c and checking river?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:15 AM

I think it's ok. Still though, this villains range for calling the flop bothers me. He should rarely show up tih off suit high cards. AJs/ATs/Aqc are reasonable holdings I suppose. So I could c/c the turn I guess.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think about c/c and checking river?

[/ QUOTE ]

we talked about this, I think it would be ok except that we're usually very far behind villains range here. Also if you check river orange it is with the intent of folding most of the time right?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:24 AM

sorry if tone offended you, my (poor) attempt at humour could have been misinterpreted [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Nothing meant in that, and I understand what was said about the double clubs, I just think that this kind of read is a bit specific for the average ssnl player, albeit a seemingly solid one. the two-pair thing was superfluous since i already stated 2 pair was unlikely, but i put it in for the completeness of my answer. Just putting my .02 in.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:27 AM

No it's just that the turn didn't counterfeit two pair. A9/A3/93 all are still ahead of me. i don't beat a flopped two pair now. And I'm sorry for my rude response. I just get frustrated sometimes when people respond without addressing other concerns made in the thread (ie if he can have a lone high club)