Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Rate my play

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($1.30)
MP1 ($11.45)
MP2 ($12.35)
CO ($4.59)
Button ($9.84)
SB ($9.56)
BB ($11.99)
Hero ($5.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.05, UTG+1 calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.17) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.1</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.37) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.35</font>, Hero calls $0.35.

River: ($1.07) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.8 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $0.80.

Final Pot: $2.67
Old 03-02-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Rate my play

Umm.. what?
Old 03-02-2007, 01:59 PM

i'll rate each street. Keep in mind that I don't play FR:

preflop - bad for 6m, I guess ok for FR? I typically raise any PP from any pos, so for sure i'd be coming in with an UTG raise with TT. Not sure how FR adjustments work, but I htink you gotta raise this pf.

flop - bad. you need to bet these, there's no reason to think that someone behind you will bet and the oal here is to get as much $ in as possible.

turn - bad. since you slowplayed the flop, just get it in on the turn man, UTG+1 is way short and we want to gets to shoving with our flopped boat. I would most likely donk here b/c I don't wnat UTG+1 checking behind and having a TINY pot with our monster. Then again I would have gotten more money in on the flop.

river - If i played the hand, i'd try my hardest to be all in before the river, or have river be a trivial &lt;&lt; psb shove.

Summary: bad, but it worked out OK because UTG+1 was short, but you had the potential for losing a ton of value on every street.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 PM

You donked it all up.. still got the guys stack in the middle. I never slowplay TT on a TJJ board.. 90% of the time someone has a J or QK or a flush draw and is happy to put their chips in.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:17 PM

Preflop: F
Not raising big hands would seem to indicate some sort of distaste for money.*

Flop: F
Flop the 3rd nuts and you never put in a bet or raise. Weaksauce.**

Turn: D
Well, OK, let him hang himself if he wants to.

River: C+
I don't like the overall passive play here with a monster, but by the river its at least reasonable to figure he'll fire again, depending on reads.

Of course, I suck and all, but I would recommend betting this hand on (ummmmmmmmm yeah) all streets.

For all those hands you get out flopped or out drawn or just out played, you need to get VALUE when you do hit. You won't get paid every time, but you need to get paid *sometimes*. If you play this hand this way every time you are leaving huge stacks of money on the table.

*If you're a LAG I will up this to a D, but if you're ABC TAG, this is a fail.
**If you have a read that this dude will fire 3 barrels with air I'll up it to a D-.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:18 PM

Agreed, this was really really really bad play.

Don't play it this way next time or you might lose a bunch of value.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:26 PM

the table was extremely nitty and everyone would fold to any PF raise even minraises, and would only call with monsters
Old 03-02-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the table was extremely nitty and everyone would fold to any PF raise even minraises, and would only call with monsters

[/ QUOTE ]
the solution should be raising more hands, not slowplaying your good hands.