Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 PM

Default weird extraction line RR pot

Uh, don't remember reads, but he was probably tag-ish, since I thought he wouldn't call a turn bet with TT-KK. I also didn't think villian would call any raise on the river, so I made a donk-ish looking min-raise.

Also, what do people think of the flop bet? I've made it a *thing* at these limits to pretty much always c-bet in RR'd pots.

thoughts/comments on any street appreciated. I really didn't plan to play this like such a donk, it just kinda came out that way =)
Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $71.95
CO: $85.20
Hero (BTN): $82.85
SB: $52.4
BB: $47
UTG: $113.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.50</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.25</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $3.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($11.25, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.25</font>, UTG calls $8.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($27.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($27.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $8</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>, UTG calls $8
Old 03-02-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: weird extraction line RR pot

i wouldnt always c-bet after 3betting, it gets really predictable. if i see u doing it, i would call u w/ any pair then call u on any flop that didnt have an ace or a king to freeze u out. i usually like to check this flop since the only hands u are usually going to get a call from are the ones that beat u. plus, if they have something like qq or kk, a call will be very difficult for them to make on the flop, but not necessarily on the turn.

as played, i think its fine except i flat his river bet. its not likely you are behind in this spot, but its just even less likely that he calls u w/ a hand u beat. i mean, unless u know him to be super calling station and to pay off everything, AND you are sure you are ahead, then i suppose its fine.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:21 PM

Preflop and flop are both fine, no need to bet any more on such a dry board. Checking turn is standard in this spot imo. The board is really dry and we're probably not getting 3 streets of value from worse aces and pocket pairs, so checking is goot. And we don't risk being c/r'ed.

I don't really know what to think about the river minraise tbh. I'd say villain calls the minraise with any made hand he bet and folds his bluffs. I've been experimenting with river minraises recently, but I've been mainly doing it when villains bet has been substantially bigger compared to the pot and when my hand has been stronger. I think I would either call here or raise bigger, say to 30+.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:22 PM

If you pretty well much always c-bet in these spots then it is fine here I guess as well. Perhaps if villain likes to c/r plenty a check might be OK here too since the flop is dry and the stacks deepish.

As played the turn is fine.

Looks like villain fired out a blocker on the end and your raise size seems right since if you raise too much here your bet becomes less likely to show a profit.

I like how you played this. NH.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt always c-bet after 3betting, it gets really predictable. if i see u doing it, i would call u w/ any pair then call u on any flop that didnt have an ace or a king to freeze u out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, I RR more with pair type of hands than big broadway cards ... if I see you calling with any pair you are going to get value bet to death. Also, fwiw, I'm pretty sure floating in RR'd pots at these levels is -EV.

[ QUOTE ]

i usually like to check this flop since the only hands u are usually going to get a call from are the ones that beat u. plus, if they have something like qq or kk, a call will be very difficult for them to make on the flop, but not necessarily on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

My "I almost always c-bet RR'd pots" was the reason why I bet this flop. Your reasoning above is why I checked the turn after betting the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

as played, i think its fine except i flat his river bet. its not likely you are behind in this spot, but its just even less likely that he calls u w/ a hand u beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh ... given the way pf, flop and turn played out AND the board I think you are giving villian way too much credit (having me beat) - what hands could he possibly have that beat me except AT, TT given the fact that he's a tag?