Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Respond to this email from a very hot educational advisor.

"Anything else I need from you? Hmm, aside from accompanying me at lunch sometime I think I'm set!

Keep in touch,"
Old 03-02-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be affable, charming, and articuklate

[/ QUOTE ] Yes...being articuklate is key here.

Seriously, I don't think she's in the position to make a move--all she can do professionally is drop little hints. You have to make the move, but you should just feel her out for one email right now.

If you send her the one asking about things to do in that city, she very well might respond with an actual event (ie trivia night etc) or say there's someplace/something she's always wanted to go/do. There's your opportunity.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I don't think she's in the position to make a move--all she can do professionally is drop little hints. You have to make the move, but you should just feel her out for one email right now.

If you send her the one asking about things to do in that city, she very well might respond with an actual event (ie trivia night etc) or say there's someplace/something she's always wanted to go/do. There's your opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye. and this is exactly why you acn't just keep asking "legitimate" questions, because it'll never escalate things for her. You need to be asking things that most kids don't ask her (to distinguish yourself as NOT just someone she is advising)
Old 03-02-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye. and this is exactly why you acn't just keep asking "legitimate" questions, because it'll never escalate things for her. You need to be asking things that most kids don't ask her (to distinguish yourself as NOT just someone she is advising)

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I asked her what she does for fun. It doesn't quite give off the impression that I want to see her outside of a professional setting, but allows her to respond in a way that could allow me to escalate things.

I'm unsure of whether or not she's into me enough YET to come out and just ask her to lunch. Let me feel her out a bit more, and take it from there. Duck made a good point.

So far no reply, think school's closed.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:10 AM

abs,

Based on your description of the meeting, and the "Stay in touch" in her follow-up, she's definately interested.

I actually really like your response, with gearing the conversation towards fun. It paints you up as more than an academic, which agrees with how you portrayed yourself in person. Still, see if you can't respond to her email over the phone. If you need an excuse, just do it while you're in transit or without computer access. Email just doesn't do your personality justice.

Bang,
TKO.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, what do you think of this reply?

Sally--

It was awesome meeting you too!

Thanks a bunch, you've been a big help in my decision to stay in the Twin Cities. I really like what the school has to offer and I'm anticipating the fall.

I haven't been back in MN for a while and I'm kind of out of the loop. What kinds of things do you do for fun in the cities? Any suggestions for cool clubs, bars, and hang out spots?

Talk to you soon,

Tony

[/ QUOTE ]

Decent IMO. If this is a new town just str8 up ask her if she wants to show you around the city since you're new and dont know many people.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:17 AM

pretty good, I like the changes too
Old 03-05-2007, 01:02 AM

Haven't heard anything back. Mr. Creepypockets probably creeped her out....

She'll write something this week. Unless she read this post. [censored].
Old 03-05-2007, 11:37 AM

Is it possible that adsoludicrous is your real name and she googled it?
Old 03-05-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, what do you think of this reply?

Sally--

It was awesome(u used the word awesome in a gay fashion) meeting you too!

Thanks a bunch, you've been a big help in my decision to stay in the Twin Cities. I really like what the school has to offer and I'm anticipating the fall.

I haven't been back in MN for a while and I'm kind of out of the loop. What kinds of things do you do for fun in the cities? Any suggestions for cool clubs, bars, and hang out spots? (the idea is good, wording sooooo lame)( especially how you just delved right into a social question in a still proffesional relationship)

Talk to you soon,

Tony

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly think shes wants to meet up with you????? you think she gives a [censored] about some kid who still in school??? if she does youf gonna have to do somthing more intristic that righting some lame email asking her where people hang out at, you are in college, you cant find that out from anyone. Very lame email, surprised if she responsed to it with anytheing else than an IDK.
Remember that her job is to make you feel comfortable with goin to that school you dummy.