Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 11:45 AM

Default £30 Live Sattalite 8 Left BB with A5 flopped FH

The table is pretty tight but people are willing to take advantage of that on occasions. I have around 16-17K Average is 13 Big stack is 22K.

5 callers to me in BB I have seen all fold from a decent bet to punish limpers. I have A5 suited and Check.

Flop 5 5 A two clubs

SB checks I'm really not sure this board could miss everyone or I might get action from an A I figure an A will bet anyway so I check. Checked arround.

Turn A

SB checks I lead out for about 1/2 the pot and pick up one caller.

River 8 I lead again for 2/3 of pot and its folded.

I'm not sure if I plyed this correctly the guy who folded on the river said I had nothing and its lucky he missed his Flush draw.

Any advice both pre and post flop welcome.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: £30 Live Sattalite 8 Left BB with A5 flopped FH

I think it's pretty difficult to make much money here from the BB whatever you do. I probably lead, for metagame as much as anything else (it's nice being able to lead occasionally from the blinds). Aces will call but will probably stop betting an non-ace turn if they called from BB in a limped pot whereas if you lead they'll have to call and flush draws have to call so I think leading is the best against a range of hands that will call. Of course, thinking will realise that you're not very often betting air into a multiway limped pot but villains are often not thinking, may not credit you for thinking and will find it hard to drop an ace or a flush draw and impossible to drop a 5.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:13 PM

Value in betting. It is unlikely that your opponents will bet hands that they wouldn't call bets with. I'd bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot each street.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:16 PM

bet/check flop both have their merits, i'd say both are fine. remember that u can flop the nuts every hand but if no one has [censored] you'll make just as much money as if you had [censored].
Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Yeah thats a good point. I just felt like leading the flop from BB would show too much strength with alot of limpers behind me. I thought I would let other either value bet or fire a bluff later. I think it worked and I seemed to disguise my hand with the second A on the turn although maybe I could have made more money from the guy chasing his flush by betting the flop.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Bet this flop. Club draws aren't folding, and someone could definitley have an ace.

Also, if you check here and show down a FH, people will get less respect for your flop bets when you whiff later and wish to take it down.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:22 PM

Thats a good point Fiksdal although my usual line is to bet for value and half of the players at the table had seen me at the last two tables leading out with AQ top two pair and JJ top set and crush players both times so I was not too concerned with my long term image.

My thinking at the time was my hand is so strong and well disguised I wanted another A, a pocket pair or a flush draw to do the betting for me. I dont mind changing gears and If I check trap this one I'll bet my next connected flop for Value