Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Would You Fly Jet Blue in March?

[ QUOTE ]
My old stand-by airline has always been JetBlue. Always my first choice and I loved them. After everything that happened I am curious if they were operating in a bubble and way over their head. I had kind of sub-conciously planned to fly someone else next time I fly.

My question is, Friday morning I need to fly from NYC to Ft. Lauderdale very very early. JetBlue so far seems like they are the best, but not only option in terms of flight path/timing. I REALLY need to get there on time.

Is JetBlue trustworthy enough these days?? or should I go out of my way to find another way

Thank U

HO

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dont see how you could think jetblue is any more likely to have delayed/cancelled flights than any other airline flying the same route at the same time.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:25 AM

HO: I'd fly JetBlue.

NL: Because they showed recently that their logistics and contingency planning had more problems than other airlines.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:31 AM

All the other airlines have just spent a good two weeks doing their darndest to stuff all the newspapers full of JetBlue SNAFU news, and I still trust them more than any other airline. I'd fly JB any day.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Leave for San Diego Saturday. Come back the 12th. Hopefully they don't mess anything up too bad. But have never flown with them before, so we'll see what it's like. TVs are sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're at least the 3rd OOTer going to be in SD this weekend. Hell, we might as well had an OOT get together.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. lets have a party at pfunks!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

While normally I would be down for meeting a bunch of people I've never had a real conversation with, I probably won't be able to make it, as I'm going with my lacrosse team. But if you want to see us beat up on some SD teams, you are more than welcome to come see. All non-lacrosse time is already scheduled for enjoying the fact that we are in San Diego and not Boston.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 AM

I fly about every other weekend to buffalo via Jetblue from JFK. I flew the week after and I am flying this weekend. In other words yes fly them , they messed up they said sorry and gave free stuff away I'm ok with that.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:05 AM

if you decide to stop buying plane tickets from airlines who occasionally [censored] up, you're going to be doing an awful lot of walking.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Here's the apology email I got from Jet Blue:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear JetBlue Customers,

We are sorry and embarrassed. But most of all, we are deeply sorry.

Last week was the worst operational week in JetBlue's seven year history. Following the severe winter ice storm in the Northeast, we subjected our customers to unacceptable delays, flight cancellations, lost baggage, and other major inconveniences. The storm disrupted the movement of aircraft, and, more importantly, disrupted the movement of JetBlue's pilot and inflight crewmembers who were depending on those planes to get them to the airports where they were scheduled to serve you. With the busy President's Day weekend upon us, rebooking opportunities were scarce and hold times at 1-800-JETBLUE were unacceptably long or not even available, further hindering our recovery efforts.

Words cannot express how truly sorry we are for the anxiety, frustration and inconvenience that we caused. This is especially saddening because JetBlue was founded on the promise of bringing humanity back to air travel and making the experience of flying happier and easier for everyone who chooses to fly with us. We know we failed to deliver on this promise last week.

We are committed to you, our valued customers, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us. We have begun putting a comprehensive plan in place to provide better and more timely information to you, more tools and resources for our crewmembers and improved procedures for handling operational difficulties in the future. We are confident, as a result of these actions, that JetBlue will emerge as a more reliable and even more customer responsive airline than ever before.

Most importantly, we have published the JetBlue Airways Customer Bill of Rights—our official commitment to you of how we will handle operational interruptions going forward—including details of compensation. I have a video message to share with you about this industry leading action.

You deserved better—a lot better—from us last week. Nothing is more important than regaining your trust and all of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you onboard again soon and provide you the positive JetBlue Experience you have come to expect from us.

Sincerely,

David Neeleman
Founder and CEO
JetBlue Airways

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems as though they realized they [censored] up and are pretty sincere. In fact, this is probably the best time to fly Jet Blue, due to the fact that they will likely be trying much harder to win back their customers. Plus, the DirectTV on the flight down is pretty money.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Leave for San Diego Saturday. Come back the 12th. Hopefully they don't mess anything up too bad. But have never flown with them before, so we'll see what it's like. TVs are sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're at least the 3rd OOTer going to be in SD this weekend. Hell, we might as well had an OOT get together.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. lets have a party at pfunks!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you don't even know how many times I've been lost. Thank God for this map I bought or else I'd probably be driving around Mexico right now.

I'm meeting up with firstyearclay at Confidential tonight. What is pfunks?