Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: TT MP

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop bet bet bet bet bet bet bet

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW I might check turn if you held the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but even then I'd most likely bet. Checking without it is awful.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:42 AM

Preflop is really bad, hopefully it is a 99/100 play for you not to raise 1010 on the button. But given that you played it that way I think not betting the turn is criminal based on the way you disguised your hand. A limp on the button means you could be holding a variety of hands with a 7 in it, so a turn checkraise by this guy would mean real strength like trips or better usually.
I would put him on some kind of PP or A3 hand that is looking you up.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 AM

I just reread and realizde you didnt have the button but it doesn't change the fact that preflop raising is almost mandatory here.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I normally raise this hand preflop, but I wanted to encourage a multiway pot and there are some aggresive raisers to my left.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT multi-way is many times playing for set value only. Folded to you in MP, raise and hope to play 2-3 way.

Not trying to be rude but honestly, except for the flop you played the hand about the exact opposite of the way it should be played. Be more aggressive.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I normally raise this hand preflop, but I wanted to encourage a multiway pot and there are some aggresive raisers to my left.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT multi-way is many times playing for set value only. Folded to you in MP, raise and hope to play 2-3 way.

Not trying to be rude but honestly, except for the flop you played the hand about the exact opposite of the way it should be played. Be more aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I raise pf it's most likely gonna be played 4-5 way, 0% chance to be HU. Very slim to be 3 handed.

I guess I've been using way too much read poker in this game as of late. I still couldn't put him on a hand I could beat the turn with. I could only think this type of opponet had trips or the flush draw, but he ended up showing KK. Totally confused me because I thought I had a fairly solid read.

I guess the lesson is to ABC poker and stop overthinking myself into mistakes.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:17 AM

More additional raising pre-flop.