Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: 25NL : AJ in reraised pot.

Converter stopped working .

RIVER is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and SB pushes all in and I fold.
I would have bet the TURN without that K
River I think is an easy fold.

Lets say :
TURN : 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks. HERO bets 1/2 POT,SB calls

RIVER: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets 1/2 POT , HERO folds?

Or we have:
RIVER: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets 1/2 POT HERO folds/calls?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:14 PM

Flush draws in a 3bet pot (particularly with the A in suit out) are going to be quite a small part of his range. As a result, this is WA/WB and I'd tend to play it that way, meaning that I'm not really looking to be the one putting the money in first.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:22 PM

thanks guys for the info.
I'm going to bed..
talk 2 you tomorrow [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 07:51 PM

I think checking behind on the flop is absurd. This guy raised first in as the SB. His stats are pretty LAG(perhaps not that bad if you have been playing 4 handed the whole time). He also probably would have reraised AK, QQ, AA preflop. That leaves the only hands you are behind as AQ and 77.

I mean the replies I have seen so far have been extremely tight weak. He could have KJ A9 A10 88 and decide to take a card off if you make a solid $4 bet on the turn. I mean honestly what is the point of 3-betting AJs suited preflop if we are not even going to value bet flops like this? Granted if he checkraises, or calls and makes a big turn bet it is pretty safe to assume that we are behind, but its unlikely.

I think this is why so many uNL players have so much trouble when they move up to higher levels. They get devoured in pots exactly like this. I have seen quite a few posts about people who move up and get rocked, and the reason is you can no longer wait for the nuts to bet your hand. uNL opponents arent very observant, and are far too loose with calldowns in general. Up in SS and definietly Mid stakes, players are much more agressive. They will take you off hands like this all day with A5s and such if you are going to play this weak.

Im not saying get stacked off everytime you flop top pair, but seriously checking this down seems pretty bad in my mind.

I know this is pretty harsh sounding and I will probably get crucified. But I think Kramer is getting very weak advice that will certainly hurt his game in the long run.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is why so many uNL players have so much trouble when they move up to higher levels. They get devoured in pots exactly like this. I have seen quite a few posts about people who move up and get rocked, and the reason is you can no longer wait for the nuts to bet your hand. uNL opponents arent very observant, and are far too loose with calldowns in general. Up in SS and definietly Mid stakes, players are much more agressive. They will take you off hands like this all day with A5s and such if you are going to play this weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are they going to take us off hands like this if we take a check-call line? The point of 3 betting isn't because we have a studly hand here but because he doesn't like playing AJ. If I called PF, I'm betting this flop pretty often, but as is, for pot control I'm usually checking behind on the flop. If my opponent wants to double barrel me on turn and river, fine by me.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:45 PM

How can you check-call in position?