Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: New Deposit Option on Pokerstars

Is this no longer available on Stars??? It's no longer one of the options in "Buy Chips". Also, the link on the Stars page to "Visa Prepaid debit card" isn't a live one.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only signed up for it to reload in case of a bonus and to have quick access to some money if I needed it. Not likely that I will use it much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget about the monthly fee which will eat away at your balance (if you have one).
Old 03-01-2007, 02:09 PM

I just did a $10 test deposit and it worked without a problem. I also did a $100 withdraw with no problems. I am waiting for th pysical card to arrive
Old 03-01-2007, 02:57 PM

I signed up for it yesterday and was successful in using it. The 4% kinda sucks but at least it works and its fast.
-RJ
Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM

Mine worked all smooth. Funny part is I opened the account, loaded it with my debit card and deposited onto Stars (this all took about 3 minutes) and instantly got a call from the fraud department of my bank.

Oh and for those bitching about fees my bank (wamu) tacked on a 4 buck foreign transaction fee!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine worked all smooth. Funny part is I opened the account, loaded it with my debit card and deposited onto Stars (this all took about 3 minutes) and instantly got a call from the fraud department of my bank.

Oh and for those bitching about fees my bank (wamu) tacked on a 4 buck foreign transaction fee!

[/ QUOTE ]

Switch to WaMu Free Checking that they introduced a while ago instead of the standard free checking you probably have. It's free and gives you lower fees and other [censored] for free (international/domestic ATM withdrawals for instance). Just go into the branch and tell them you want to switch.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Switch to WaMu Free Checking that they introduced a while ago instead of the standard free checking you probably have. It's free and gives you lower fees and other [censored] for free (international/domestic ATM withdrawals for instance). Just go into the branch and tell them you want to switch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks man
Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. So with this issue Im having about signing up for this card, Pokerstars support told me they could do nothing and I had to contact payTru support. So I contact payTru support and what do they tell me? Please contact PokerStars support about this issue. What a jooooke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me. Sucks.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:30 AM

Hi all,
I would like to address the questions and issues that have been posted in this thread concerning the new prepaid Visa Debit Card available on PokerStars. We are currently rolling out the prepaid Visa Debit Card payment method in stages based on lifetime FPP levels to US based players. We are starting with more experienced players to minimize potential problems that may arise. This enables us to address problems quickly as we gradually lower the LTFPP threshold and increase the number of card signups. We are currently reviewing timelines for a worldwide release.

Technical issues - We have identified a number of issues early on:
1."Card unavailable for loading" is one such issue that should not be occurring. This has affected a small number of players; we are fixing it.
2.The prepaid Visa Debit option "disappearing" from the cashier. After you have signed up, the prepaid Visa Debit button will disappear; you then use the card as a regular Visa card to deposit and cash-out.
3."Random Middle Initial" appearing in pre-populated data when signing up at PAYTru site is a glitch; we are fixing it.
4. "Invalid Information" error code - There are currently some issues with Social Security Number (SSN) verifications for some players. It would help a lot if you check that the name and date of birth in your PokerStars account is consistent with your SSN details. We are fixing these issues.

Deposit Fees - It is free to deposit to and cash out from Pokerstars with the prepaid Visa Debit Card. The user is responsible for the fees associated with loading the card with funds from another card. If you load the prepaid Visa Debit Card with $100 then $100 will be loaded onto the card and $104.50 would be debited from your loading credit card. If you deposit $1000 at PokerStars from a funded prepaid Visa Debit Card then $1000 will be credited to the available account balance (no cost incurred).

Cash-out Fees - When you request a cash-out to the prepaid Visa Debit Card there is no fee incurred. If you cash out $100, then you get $100 on your Visa Debit Card. When you withdraw from an ATM or make a purchase where Visa cards are accepted, you pay any fees deducted. This is the same as for using any other debit card. Please go to the PAYTru website and look under Terms/Conditions/Fees for details (you need to be registered and logged in to see this).

Monthly Fees - The monthly fee of $2.95 is collected once per month if there is a positive balance in the account when the collection is attempted. This can happen on any day during the calendar month. If you maintain a zero balance on the card you will not incur the fee. The fee is not accrued from month to month if it was not collected in a previous month. There are no annual fees which are common with other credit and debit cards. There are no fees for receiving the physical card.

Compliance - The prepaid Visa Debit Card is fully functional and compliant with Visa card scheme regulations. It can be used in all locations where Visa cards are accepted. US players may use this payment option and load their prepaid Visa Debit Card with their credit or debit cards. Bank transfers are currently not available for loading to or withdrawing from the prepaid Visa Debit Card regardless of country.

Limits - The deposit and cash-out limits for the prepaid Visa Debit Card will mimic the player experience levels currently implemented on PokerStars. The ATM cash-out limits are regulated by the banks and are not subject to change by us or the card issuer regardless of player experience level.

I hope this information will help in answering your questions thus far.

Warmest regards,

Petter
PAYTru Release Manager
PokerStars
Old 03-02-2007, 09:58 AM

I appreciate the information and response.

[ QUOTE ]

Cash-out Fees - When you request a cash-out to the prepaid Visa Debit Card there is no fee incurred. If you cash out $100, then you get $100 on your Visa Debit Card. When you withdraw from an ATM or make a purchase where Visa cards are accepted, you pay any fees deducted. This is the same as for using any other debit card. Please go to the PAYTru website and look under Terms/Conditions/Fees for details (you need to be registered and logged in to see this).

[/ QUOTE ]

While there could be fees associated with using a Debit card, not all debit cards charge a fee on POS transactions. I'm happy for another option, and the fee for an ATM withdrawl is just about common for these kind of things anymore, the POS fee isn't.

[ QUOTE ]

Monthly Fees - The monthly fee of $2.95 is collected once per month if there is a positive balance in the account when the collection is attempted. This can happen on any day during the calendar month. If you maintain a zero balance on the card you will not incur the fee. The fee is not accrued from month to month if it was not collected in a previous month. There are no annual fees which are common with other credit and debit cards. There are no fees for receiving the physical card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Randomly? Are you kidding me? I realize this is PayTru and not PokerStars. So I can be randomly moving money through this account and get popped for a 2.95 fee? Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck.

I'm happy you guys are working on solutions. In fact, if it wasn't for the fees they charge, this would almost be a better Neteller because you can actually use the money to buy stuff instead of just depositing into other gambling sites. I guess beggars can't be choosers.