Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Most messed up sleep schedules

I always sleep 11-12 hours and this can start at any time of the day. 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am etc. My days end up being 25-26 hours long (because of the 12 hours of sleep), so within any 2 given weeks, you'll see me go around the clock in terms of bed time.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 AM

My schedule right now sucks pretty bad... usually sleep from ~3am-6:30am... sometimes if i get home early ~3 i'll take an hour or 2 nap before class, if not then i run on caffeine.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do ppl have so much trouble functioning on less than 8 hours of sleep. just get 2-4 hours of sleep on one night, and you can fix your sleep schedule.

i generally sleep from 3:30am -10:00am ( i like how i havta specify "am," b/c of weirdos in this thread).

[/ QUOTE ]

REM sleep sleep is vital to your survival.

I did uberman for the past 10 months, (20 min naps every 4 hours), and although I got alot of things done, about 2 weeks ago I was getting violently ill. We are talking shooting pains in various places, random dizziness (I have figured out that, when I tilt my head to the right, and turn left is a trigger), and a heavy mental fog where you its like you are watching a silent film version of the things around you. I went to the doctor, and I was sent to a sleep clinic, apparently my body was beginning to get confused due to prolonged exposure to sensory overload. I am fine now, after tossing the schedule, I slept for a full 20 hours and now I am on a 4am-noon schedule.

I did send my uberman sleep cycle journal of 6 months to the psych department at my university.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:48 PM

i woke up at about 9 pm last night after a 12-hour sleep.

it's now almost 5 pm here and i'm about to go to sleep again.

what do i win?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:05 AM

wtf goodnews had to scare me..
weekdays go to bed around 6am-7am as friends are getting getting ready for school/work wake between 4pm-6pm when they are getting home making noise
weekends stay up till it is light outside then wakeup when it is dark outside
Old 02-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Past couple days, slept at 12PM, woke up at 10PM.. it just progressively gets worse.. sometimes involves chasing losses with poker.. but generally it's just a lack of routine or structure.. I don't have a job and only go to school 3 days a week.. that plus I leave everything until the last minute which results in some late nights when the work absolutely has to get done.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:02 AM

I'm on a 4AM-11AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4AM-12PM on Mondaysm Wednesdays, and Fridays, and about 5:30AM-3PM Saturdays and Sundays here at school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-running_sleep

I'm a firm believer that free, uninterrupted sleep is the best form of sleep, NOT polyphasic sleep. Though I have never tried polyphasic sleep, "free running sleep" is cited in that Wikipedia article as resulting in more analytical ability, etc. than polyphasic. On weekends I do get this free running sleep, and it feels so much better than waking up to the alarm clock. One time a year or two ago I was sick as a dog and I slept for around 19-21 hours straight and felt completely refreshed. I'm going to make a pact here. From now on, I want to get at least nine hours of sleep every day for the rest of my life (not including tonight: have to be up in about 6.5 hours). Can I do it? Probably not. I will post every night how I fared as motivation for me to actually do this. Until tomorrow, happy sleeping...
Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM

I heard that you're not supposed to average any more than nine hours of sleep per night. It's unhealthy.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:49 PM

I've heard this too, but I really think it depends on the person. When uninterrupted, I sleep for approximately 10-10.5 hours so I feel that this is about where I should be sleeping (though a little less, probably because this overcompensates for my lack of sleep when I do not sleep uninterrupted and have to wake up for things). In addition, I have a kind of threshold of not being really lethargic throughout the day once I sleep more than around 8.5 hours. So I basically ballpark to around 9 hours as a good mark for me to achieve.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:50 PM

And me posting how I sleep is just stupid looking back on it so I'm not going to do that.