Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: AA interesting spot (3/6 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
If CO is paying attention like you were saying, what is he putting you on? Have you been reraising the donk with all kinds of hands or is he likely to view your play here as a big pair? Unless you have been 3 betting the donk a lot preflop to isolate and then c-bet the flop frequently (which I don't think is necessarily a great way to play the donk), I'm folding this pretty quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question.

I have _NOT_ been 3 betting to isolate in the pots i'm playing.

I have cold called 66%, 33% 3bet when I'm playing a pot that the donk opens. For example, I'm cold calling hands like 8Ts, TJs, small pairs, etc. The other reason for calling is that 2 seats behind me is another donk who is also 200bb+ deep. I also have no FE with my 3bets vs. uber donk, so if I'm 3betting every pot I would enter against this guy, I'm building big pots everytime. Also, 3 betting wasn't good enough to isolate very well here because the regulars knew what huge implieds the donkey was giving.

So the short answer: My 3 bets were primarily hands that had solid value, not speculative hands that I'm playing for implied. Obviously my NORMAL strategy is to 3 bet both types of hands vs. a fish that will fold if he misses or a regular. I feel like the villan in this hand was taking a similar strategy. For example, when I would overcall donkey, villan in this hand was NEVER squeezing with FE pre-flop, he was just calling as well.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have no FE with my 3bets vs. uber donk

[/ QUOTE ]
consider BOMBING it PF to like $100+
Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 PM

Stacks are well over 200bbs deep here between Hero / CO / UTG donkey, and I could very well see CO coldcalling the reraise with a fairly wide range given UTG will likely call and stack off with a ton of hands. So for that I think this is a fold. 100bbs deep I'd probably just get it ai.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
$3/$6 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $2200.80
Hero (BTN): $1602.30
SB: $1455.6
BB: $3046.35
UTG: $600
MP: $742

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($9, 6 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $21</font>, CO calls $21, Hero folds, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($51, 2 players)
<font color="red">MP bets $36</font>, CO calls $36

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($123, 2 players)
MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets $60</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $303</font>, CO calls $243

<font color="black">River:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($729, 2 players)
<font color="red">MP bets all in for $382</font>, CO calls $382

<font color="black">Results:</font>
CO had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Ace Queen high)
MP had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Queens) and won $1,490
Final Pot: $1490.00 ($3.00 rake)
Old 03-01-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the hand above was a sarcastic reply.

But honestly, I think bombing it more pre flop would have been a smarter move anyway, just from the standpoint of limiting the wider ranges of the regulars. It would define for me their hands a bit better, certainly if they called and continued.

After thinking about this hand later last night, I wish I had 'misclicked' pre flop with my 3bet. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 06:13 PM

If i were u in this spot i would call this bet and if a blank hits the turn then shove it in. If its a club i would probably let it go if he bets big.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think that if your read is right here with the donmk that a good idea is to call here, foldign would be 2 tight and then if the turn is a non club u can play it very agressively. On the flop if u set him all in and he calls ur equity isnt that good even against the non flush hands so i prefer to wait until the turn to play this very agressively

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to note, the raiser is not the donkey. My point with the donkey discussion is to try to explain table conditions and how I felt that affected hand ranges here.

Not sure if you misunderstood who the hand was against or not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
ya sry i did misunderstand that, well if ur out of pos to a good player here you could strongly consider folding, especially if your out of position
Old 03-01-2007, 06:26 PM

this seems like a fold, seems unlikely CO is trying to semi bluff both you and an uber donk.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this seems like a fold, seems unlikely CO is trying to semi bluff both you and an uber donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I think it is a fold as well. Plus we want to stay deep to get at the too donks while they still have cash.

Not to mention the time deliberation, he is either calculating what he thinks uberdonk will call or is trying to incite a play at the pot by him. CO's bet is a small "call me" type raise.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:54 PM

Just out of interest all u guys saying fold what r u putting CO on with a 2 3 6 clubs flop. ??????