Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 07:47 PM

Default places to work out / play basketball in Vegas

Im spending 4-5 days in March in Vegas for a bachelor party. It may seem hard to believe - and I don't really believe it myself - but some of us want to do something healthy while out there like finding a good gym to work out or play basketball in.

We're staying at Bally's. Anyone know of any hotels near there that have good inexpensive (guest pass <$20) gyms or some sort of b-ball available? "Good" means more than just a few treadmills and a couple Nautilus machines. I think we could get something cheap at one of UNLV's gyms, but that's pretty far from the strip.

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything, so any help would be appreciated.

$20,000 for the Hardwood Suite at the Palms is a little out of our league...
Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: places to work out / play basketball in Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
Im spending 4-5 days in March in Vegas for a bachelor party. It may seem hard to believe - and I don't really believe it myself - but some of us want to do something healthy while out there like finding a good gym to work out or play basketball in.

We're staying at Bally's. Anyone know of any hotels near there that have good inexpensive (guest pass <$20) gyms or some sort of b-ball available? "Good" means more than just a few treadmills and a couple Nautilus machines. I think we could get something cheap at one of UNLV's gyms, but that's pretty far from the strip.

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything, so any help would be appreciated.

$20,000 for the Hardwood Suite at the Palms is a little out of our league...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, can't help you with any advice but I'll bump this because I would like the answer to this question as well. Walking around that place for a weekend either drunk or hungover has just got to stop next time i go and I was looking to hoop it up as well on the next trip.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 PM

thanks for the bump - hopefully it won't get pushed back so far again
Old 03-01-2007, 06:04 PM

You could try 24 hour Fitness East (Agassi Sport club). It is 6 miles from the strip (I used MGM as a starting point) and it has a basketball court. I used to belong to 24 hour and I want to say (here in Dallas at least) it was a $10 non-member fee.