Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: flush in limped pot and I get action

[ QUOTE ]
Well I thought reraising narrowed my range down to just flushes and he could fold all his 2 pair hands. So I called and hoped to get it in on a safe turn. I wasn't too happy with the turn card though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flushes and two pairs are in his range, as are pairs with draws, but one other hand is in his range here as well - JQ. If he flopped the nut straight, it would explain his reraise on the flop. Flopping a pair and the nut flush draw would also explain his play. I doubt he flopped the nut flush, as it seems like he wouldn't want to reraise and drive people away on the flop. I also doubt he flopped a set, since he should have reraised preflop with any of those holdings. That being said, you can argue calling or reraising his flop raise, depending on your read (and opponent's read on you). I like the raise if I've been playing LAG lately.

With the turn card that came up, check/call mode makes sense. I'd probably even call a strong bet on the end as long as a non-scary turn card hits.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:34 PM

I think raising the turn is a good way to get a lot of $$ in when behind.

Call IMO.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:27 PM

I think I have to call on the turn. Any more votes for raising the flop. On the turn his 2 pair and set hands have overtaken me. If I think of the combos of flushes I'm probably even, maybe even behind. I'm ahead of 87,76,86,43 behind A8,A7,A6,A3,A2.

Anyway, on the river a spade fell, it checked through and I won against 87ss. I wondered if I left money on the table but I probably played fine, just the cards didn't fall my way.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn his 2 pair and set hands have overtaken me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on that board he didn't have a set. He likes to raise most pots he plays. He had great position and only limped. That rules out all pairs 9 and higher, IMO.

I agree that you played it just fine.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:47 PM

i would definitely raise the flop, even if it does reveal your hand you have to raise to keep UTG out
Old 03-01-2007, 04:53 PM

I'm 3-betting flop. I think I would pause for a little bit and make it $46. If he has a smaller flush, possibly top 2 pr, or a set he is probably pushing.

I may be playing too defensively in these types of situations though, so maybe the flop call with the plan to get it in on turn is the best line.