Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 03:46 PM

Default help, i have a sleeping problem

It has been happening to me for about a year. Forgive my explanation i will try the best I can maybe one of you knows what in the world is happening to me.

Basically im sleeping and my body comes into shock. It happened to me today again like 3 seperate times. Imagine sleeping, then getting an electricity shock going through your body but no pain. The thing is when the shock happens I know it is happening (even when im sleeping), my subconscious is trying to wake up to stop it happening. I feel my face making gestures when my body comes into shock due to the bothersomeness of the feeling (it is not painful, but bothersome, like a paralysis). Everytime it happens my mind (or subconscious, bear with me) keeps fighting to wake up so this stops happening to me, it is really trying hard to get me to wake up.

That is the best explanation I can think of. I really don't know why it happens to me. I have some silly superstition that it might be due to radiation from sitting infront of the pc too much [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: help, i have a sleeping problem

Sounds like black helicopters to me.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Dunno man might have something to do with sleep paralysis. Check this from a google search:

http://www.reikinurse.com/sleep.html

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I get a very strong surge of energy through my body that feels like an electric shock or a severe vibration and it almost hurts. It travels from one end of my body to the other - usually head to toe. Sometimes I feel like I am falling. Almost always after the surge of energy I feel I float. I am often afraid that my soul will leave my body and not return to it. Yes, sometimes during the electricity it feels like I am being dropped into myself and I am bouncing, during the electric/energy surge sometimes I am turning or spinning as well as bouncing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds interesting, but I have no idea if your symptoms could be indicative of some ailment. You may want to speak to your physician.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:08 PM

Ummm, maybe talk to your doctor? I know that sounds crazy, but he might even know what's going on.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:15 PM

Ask your doc about obstructive sleep apnea.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Alright, since we all agree he should speak to his Doctor, let the speculation continue. My vote again is for this being sleep paralysis related. OP states he can't wake up during this --
[ QUOTE ]

keeps fighting to wake up so this stops happening to me, it is really trying hard to get me to wake up

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, apparently the shocking feeling is somewhat common for people who are prone to SP. Here is another excerpt:

http://www.topix.net/forum/health/sl...560L3HU0LAU1HP

[ QUOTE ]

I am a regular sufferer of sleep paralysis. It happens to me about once a month on average. I have been reading about it, and all my questions about what it is, how to prevent it etc have been answered, except for one. One night I found myself paralysed but fully aware, and I was having trouble getting out of it, so I decided just to just relax and ignore it...boy did I regret doing that! I felt this intense pain in my head, like my head was shrinking and I was receiving electric shocks

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, any other weird body sensations going on during these episodes? Do you feel like aliens are abducting you during this or your soul is being stolen? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also, perhaps one of our resident Docs can chime in.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:34 PM

i think it's normal to feel weird bodily sensations when you're near sleep state. at least it is for me. i'm usually only conscious of it when i'm going in or coming out though.

i think you're just freaking out. try to go with it. nothing bad will happen to you (probably). don't blame me if you die though.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Many doctors don't know very much about sleep disorders. You should go to a sleep clinic.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM

It feels like this sometimes when I have sleep paralysis.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunno man might have something to do with sleep paralysis. Check this from a google search:

http://www.reikinurse.com/sleep.html

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I get a very strong surge of energy through my body that feels like an electric shock or a severe vibration and it almost hurts. It travels from one end of my body to the other - usually head to toe. Sometimes I feel like I am falling. Almost always after the surge of energy I feel I float. I am often afraid that my soul will leave my body and not return to it. Yes, sometimes during the electricity it feels like I am being dropped into myself and I am bouncing, during the electric/energy surge sometimes I am turning or spinning as well as bouncing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds interesting, but I have no idea if your symptoms could be indicative of some ailment. You may want to speak to your physician.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow thanks a lot, that describes exactly what my problem is.
"Sometimes I get a very strong surge of energy through my body that feels like an electric shock or a severe vibration and it almost hurts. It travels from one end of my body to the other - usually head to toe."

I was starting to get worried that it was something much worse. Im going to be an eye mask to help me sleep better