Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 02:47 PM

Default TT MP

20-40 CAZ

SB varies his play from tight-conservative to loose-aggressive tilting. Right now he's been open raising pretty loosely but has been playing conservatively postflop against tougher opponents. He's a thinking player.

I normally raise this hand preflop, but I wanted to encourage a multiway pot and there are some aggresive raisers to my left.

Hero has TdTs in MP. UTG calls. MP+1 calls. Hero calls. SB completes. BB checks

Flop: 7s7c3c

check, check, check, bet, Hero raises, SB cc, folded around.

Turn: 9c

SB checks, Hero checks

River: 6h

SB checks, Hero bets

Thoughts?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: TT MP

Raise preflop bet bet bet bet bet bet bet
Old 03-01-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop bet bet bet bet bet bet bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-01-2007, 03:12 PM

Yes, my preflop play I was missing value. With that being said, what do you think about the post flop decisions.

Also as a side note there were more laggy than normal players on my left, so I thought there was a more than likely chance for it to get raised behind me.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, my preflop play I was missing value. With that being said, what do you think about the post flop decisions.

Also as a side note there were more laggy than normal players on my left, so I thought there was a more than likely chance for it to get raised behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like your turn check.

if the guys behind you are 3betting lots of hands presumably lots of them will be worse than TT. all the more reason to raise.

your play is too weak in this hand.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if the guys behind you are 3betting lots of hands presumably lots of them will be worse than TT. all the more reason to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the SB that completed who cc that flop, and he's a thinking player, not necessarily good. What do you put him on the turn that I can beat?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:27 PM

The turn check: b/c SB can bluff c/r here or because you were afraid of the flush or trips?

I think you want to get value out of the tilter here and should be the turn.

Also, raise preflop. It's going play much better that way. Why you want to encourage a multiway pot (and in MP too) with TT is beyond me. Plays much better 2 or 3-handed.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn check: b/c SB can bluff c/r here or because you were afraid of the flush or trips?

I think you want to get value out of the tilter here and should be the turn.

Also, raise preflop. It's going play much better that way. Why you want to encourage a multiway pot (and in MP too) with TT is beyond me. Plays much better 2 or 3-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table is somewhat loose and aggressive right now and I felt I could win a big pot if I spiked a set. Bad decision, but that was my thought process at the time. It's a raise I normally make 99/100 times.

He's not tilting right now. He just plays very mixed style and I've seen him show down some hands conservatively as of late and make some loose raises preflop.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:56 PM

So what motivated the turn check, then?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the SB that completed who cc that flop, and he's a thinking player, not necessarily good. What do you put him on the turn that I can beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pocket pair or a 3. Easy fold to a raise, and giving a free card to a lone small club is criminal.