Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: I have an idea, but where do I start?

I am G's partner in this operation and I think maybe you guys have misunderstood a little bit about what our product would be.

First off, thank you to all who replied to this thread even for the criticism because we need all the help we can get and we are inexperienced especially when it comes to making/designing webpages.

The market that we are targeting as G said, are young males ages 14-24. And even more specific, guys on college campuses about our age.

We are not immediately going to be competing head on with the likes of some of those major companies websites that were named previously. In fact, we planned to use our already good reputation and feedback on Ebay to begin selling the sneakers immediately. We will be competing with a select group of websites that deal Jordan brand shoes and apparel. There is a HUGE demand for the Jordan brand amongst the younger generation, and even for the custom designs that aren't sold in malls across America (i.e. "Spongebob Squarepants" sneakers)... I know, sounds silly, but oodles of youngsters are wearing them.

While I know that moving the shoes through Ebay will be no problem, our big questions deal with getting a website up and running. We are not talking about a big operation to start out, so the $20,000 figure for inventory should be more in the $5,000 range, and that we have. When the customer places an order through the website, we would then in turn place our order from our provider, who ships them to the customer. The whole process should be complete in 10 business days. We wouldn't have huge quantities of inventory stacked up in our hands, maybe something around 100 pairs at a given time we would be handling ourselves. Hopes this helps to clarify things and please CONTINUE WITH THE RESPONSES. Any input is appreciated.