Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: $27 JJ getting squeezed?

a few things that a lot of you seem to forget here:

1) people suck
2) even if he is "very TAG", a lot of you seem to discount the possibility that he would be opening his reshoving range here because utg is a maniac lagtard. because of that, this play becomes very standard.
3) even if this is not a big factor, the fact that the tag button is more likely to flat call AA/KK in hopes of inducing a call behind make it an even more standard all in here
Old 02-28-2007, 01:56 PM

nawhead,
Your range for the button is horrible. This hand is much more interesting with TT.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a few things that a lot of you seem to forget here:

1) people suck
2) even if he is "very TAG", a lot of you seem to discount the possibility that he would be opening his reshoving range here because utg is a maniac lagtard. because of that, this play becomes very standard.
3) even if this is not a big factor, the fact that the tag button is more likely to flat call AA/KK in hopes of inducing a call behind make it an even more standard all in here

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you call a minraise with AA/KK against a lagtard hoping to induce an overcall parade behind you? People are liable to get in there with QT because of the fact that it was lagtard that opened. It's obvious button has a good hand and is isolating the lag.

Button hasn't opened his range. It's suicide to open your range against maniacs like this. Button has pushed with KT? I think not. A9? 88? Hell no.

You gurus are saying my range sucks, but you haven't actually given your own range of what the button is pushing with here.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:02 AM

I don't know what the button is pushing but against a guy who is opening 50% of hands he should be pushing really wide. He should be pushing 88,A9, KTs, etc. Also people adjust really poorly to crazy idiots. I don't know what he is pushing, but JJ is beating it.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 AM

Pudge,

88,A9,KTs standard push by button in this situation... ok I gotta wrap my head around that. I'm only doing that against someone I think I have a ton of FE against. I have the impression in my head that UTG is a true tard in that he raises and calls re-raises. I try my best to stay out of pots with guys like that unless I really have it.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I try my best to stay out of pots with guys like that unless I really have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ is the nuts. You are way ahead of your opponents ranges in this spot. Folding this would be a sin. This is a $27 SNG!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:06 AM

Mike,

My previous post was trying to understand the range for the button. Of course if button's range is 88,A9,KT, then JJ is insta-push. What I'm debating is that people's range for the button seems too loose. Cause if I was button (OP said button was "very tag", and I play very tag also when my stack is 10BB+) my re-popping range isn't like that. I've found that trying to play chicken with a lag in a SnG, especially at low limits, especially when you're not desperate, is not too profitable.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pudge,

88,A9,KTs standard push by button in this situation... ok I gotta wrap my head around that. I'm only doing that against someone I think I have a ton of FE against. I have the impression in my head that UTG is a true tard in that he raises and calls re-raises. I try my best to stay out of pots with guys like that unless I really have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a standard shove against him because UTG is 71/57. You have a lot more FE against utg than you think. Do you think he is calling your shove with j9o, ,76s, k2s, etc.