Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Taking a shot.....100 6m....and i play OOP

Fair enough. I don't think they were overly terrible (as I mentioned I agree with the mistakes that have been pointed out), but to each his own.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:06 AM

Hand #2 your opponent could easily have Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - X.

This alone is something very important to think about on this turn. If you are lucky he has something like KX-Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for TP, open-str8 draw, & he thinks str8 flush draw.

Of course you have both of his outs in your hand. My only point is if he's a typical player he will way overpay for this sort of hand and if he's an idiot theres a ton of Q-X where X = any pair type hands or bad flush draws where he will give you action.

Summary: hand #2 is a huge friggin action board on the turn and you have the nuts and your winning this hand > 80% of the time even if he has a set. Raise turn for sure if nothing else.

Everyone points out your mistake of playing hand #1 at all and they are right. However that "mistake" cost you $2.50 tops assuming you play it well post flop. Who knows what not raising your nuts on that #2 action board cost you. Definately much more in the long run.

That awful river card let him get away from every hand except for a flush or an A high str8 and if he's good he may even get away from that, giving you credit for your flush. He could've easily gotten away from a set or 2-pair that would have paid a decent sized raise on the turn. Other possibilities are he has a baby flush. You simply call behind w/ the nuts, river brings 4-flush and you lose action. In this case you possibly stack him right on the turn with your raise, but let him completely off the hook with your call.

And if he wasn't gonna pay the turn raise he probably isn't paying the river bet unless he spikes that gutshot nut str8.
So you may as well get a raise on that turn 100% of the time. Personally I'm popping his bet 3x to 4x and that is assuming a respectable bet. If he makes a tiny bet I make a huge raise.

Hope this helps you.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - Fold preflop. Otherwise, raise turn. As played, can you actually call the turn bet? You've got 13 outs, so you're a 2.5 to 1 dog. Provided you think villain will call at least $24 if you hit, calling here is actually slightly +ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes that you're outs are good though.
What if villain has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ? This is extreme but there are plenty of hands for villain to be holding that do reduce your value even if some of your outs are good such as higher flush draws and higher made straights.

I don't think theres anything wrong with folding here given the chance vilain has you horribly dominated with a similar, yet stronger hand.

But yes the way villain is "mashing pot" it looks like this draw is easily profitable if all your outs are live.

It is also extremely high variance since he's making you get over half a buyin in with Queen High to pull it off.

Typically villains will pay you off after they make you get that much in to hit.

Lots to think about.

If you have a specific read like vilain has AA or a SET here u can probably profitably suck out on him.

edit just noticed: the button started the hand $88 and is betting 44 of his last 62 dollars. Guess this makes the fold obvious.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3) hand 1 is an [...] obv flop c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why you think it's an obv c/r? How often do you think you take it down on the flop? How are you handling getting called then a blank turning? This must be a typo right, and you mean obv turn c/r?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) hand 1 is an [...] obv flop c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why you think it's an obv c/r? How often do you think you take it down on the flop? How are you handling getting called then a blank turning? This must be a typo right, and you mean obv turn c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither is obvious and your turn c/r is called about 100% of the time... the button started the hand $88 and is betting 44 of his last 62 dollars.

edit: guess this makes the fold obvious