Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Wells Fargo says using your debit card is fine

[ QUOTE ]
So I've been playing a few hands on cake poker lately and...almost bustod my account (less than $3,000, so no biggie) Well I decided to redeposit, I've yet to deposit since the neteller ban, so I clicked on their deposit options. I don't have epassport or any other "neteller equivalent" so I just used my credit card. Which was denied. So I tried my debit card, and it was accepted.

About half a hour later I get a call from Wells Fargo fraud prevetion. The lady says that my credit card was denied because credit cards are "loans" and the bank doesn't want you to "gamble with borrowed money." Then she went on to say that the debit card transaction was ok'd, and that I was free to use it in the future to deposit to other gambling sites.

Just thought I'd share my trip report.

Cliff notes: wells fargo knows I'm depositing to a gambling site and still gives me the ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not legal expert, but aren't you now overtly breaking that dumb new law? with neteller at least the argument could be made that you weren't depositing into a gaming site.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:22 AM

No.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I've been playing a few hands on cake poker lately and...almost bustod my account (less than $3,000, so no biggie) Well I decided to redeposit, I've yet to deposit since the neteller ban, so I clicked on their deposit options. I don't have epassport or any other "neteller equivalent" so I just used my credit card. Which was denied. So I tried my debit card, and it was accepted.

About half a hour later I get a call from Wells Fargo fraud prevetion. The lady says that my credit card was denied because credit cards are "loans" and the bank doesn't want you to "gamble with borrowed money." Then she went on to say that the debit card transaction was ok'd, and that I was free to use it in the future to deposit to other gambling sites.

Just thought I'd share my trip report.

Cliff notes: wells fargo knows I'm depositing to a gambling site and still gives me the ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not legal expert, but aren't you now overtly breaking that dumb new law? with neteller at least the argument could be made that you weren't depositing into a gaming site.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's not illegal to do it, it's illegal to "faciliate the transfer"

in other words, wells fargo "might" be in the wrong, but there is NO way I'm in the wrong...hope that makes sense...again, I'm no legal expert but this is what I've understood/been told.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:30 AM

Nice. If my bank gives me any lip when I go to deposit a few big checks from FTP, I know what my new bank will be now.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in other words, wells fargo "might" be in the wrong, but there is NO way I'm in the wrong...hope that makes sense...again, I'm no legal expert but this is what I've understood/been told.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. Problem is, there will be a time (I predict soon) that the banks are going to realize this and put a stop to it, especially if they are aware these debits are going to gaming sites. Load up while you can,
Old 03-01-2007, 06:07 AM

Dude I got all excited when you said I could deposit with my Wells Fargo Debit card, but for some reason for me I can't do it (well at least at Ultimate Bet). WTF!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2007, 06:53 AM

nextlevel, are you using a visa or mastercard?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:25 AM

i tried last night to use my wells fargo debit card i always used, last time was 8 months ago, to deposit at pokerstars, as i had alrady done, and it was declined...
Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude I got all excited when you said I could deposit with my Wells Fargo Debit card, but for some reason for me I can't do it (well at least at Ultimate Bet). WTF!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call them on the phone, they will make it work.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 AM

This thread should be locked?