Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Am i too passive from the blinds? 3 blind hands

im struggling with my freeplay from the blinds. in every hands there are several loose players involved who are calling too much and im oop with a good but vulnerable hand.

No-Limit Hold'em, .50$ BB(6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($50)
CO ($40.52)
Button ($51.44)
SB ($49)
Hero ($49.25)
UTG ($47.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.50. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks (?), <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.5</font>, CO folds, Button calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks,

<font color="blue"> both villains are loose (in the 40+ range).
i think i could lead here for around 2$ with the intention of taking it down right now. after getting called proceed cautiously because even the flush could be dominated. after getting called in 2 places would you bet/fold this turn? </font>

No-Limit Hold'em, .50$ BB(6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($52.78)
CO ($44.68)
[Button ($54.36)
SB ($49.50)
Hero ($54.85)
UTG ($44.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($1.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: ($1.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks

<font color="blue">is this an obvious preflopraise?
after failing to raise preflop, my plan was to check call up to 2 streets for reasonable amounts. better plan to lead the flop?
bet turn or try to induce?
on the river i feel i have to induce (becaus i only beat a bluff at this point). what do you think? </font>

No-Limit Hold'em, .50$ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($9.98)
Hero ($47.71)
BB ($30.95)
UTG ($9.37)
MP ($45.35)
CO ($48.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($2) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>

<font color="blue">i wanted to take a look at the acton and decide what to do when its back to me. after the flop is getting checked around i bet(/fold) for value. you like? </font>
Old 02-28-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Am i too passive from the blinds? 3 blind hands

Usually if I hit anything at all with my blinds hands I do a raise (usually potzised since pot isnt that big then, and Im talking also about hands like 84o on an AK8 board). if I get called I check-fold unimproved unless I actually have a good hand (like 72 on a 772 board

EDIT: Nothing wrong with checking all the way tho, you shouldn't go broke in an unraised pot. IF things get ugly I usually fold any hand that isnt pure nuts in an PF unraised pot
Old 02-28-2007, 01:32 PM

Hand 1: I would overbet the pot and make it $3 to go. No matter what card on the turn appears I would proceed with a 3/4 pot sized bet if there are still any players left. In these spots, you have some fold equity with a second barrel on the turn, so use it! This is not the time to be cautious or scared, it's just the opposite!

Hand 2: I don't like to reraise with trap hands like ATo. But after the A hits on the flop, start to bet.

Hand 3: Perfect!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:52 PM

Hand1 : I dont like our hand here that much, are we drawing for a flush or 7, so we have equity but I'l either c/fold flop or call the flop and c/fold the turn - not really sure what to do so I'll lean to folding/stealing if possible.

hand 2: I check preflop and bet flop as I'm likely ahead alot of hands unless shown otherwise. AJ+ likely would raise.

hand 3: I play it the same, a Kx prob would bet the flop, betting the turn gets more value if the turn card was something like T/J and someone hits 2ndpair and thinks it's good because the flop got checked thro.

NOTE: I play badly out the BB[run badly too] so caveat lector
Old 02-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Hands 1 and 3 look fine to me. I would definitely bet the flop on hand 2. AT is very likely good there.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:08 PM

I'm betting the turn in hand 1 for about $4.

Hand 2 is way too passive, plz bet, plz then bet again.

Hand 3 is standard.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:14 PM

think i would have check raised the first hand kinda big, you have a big hand there, 14 outs to two pair or better with fold equity its +EV to play those big draws very aggresivve

think you should bet turn on second hand don't let them all suck out on you for free, your hand is probably good there.

third hand looks fine i think would check river and call small bet there i think