Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 08:58 PM

Default My biggest losses are to the biggest loser

In PTO under the Misc Stats section it states that opponents "$won from/lost to" does not include games where multiple players won $ from the pot(s). That means it ignores split pots and probably also hands with sidepots unless the big stack scooped. Nevertheless, it is an indication of who you don't play well against.

I am a net winner in 2007 playing PLO8 but the person who is by far the biggest loser at my tables, in the over 1000 hands that we have both been dealt in, happens to be the player who I have the biggest net loss against in the PTO stats. My net loss to him is 3 times my net loss to the next player in the list.

The other players at my table must have a laugh as they will probably take those chips from him soon enough. Remember, I said I am a net winner overall. I know a chunk of this loss to the loser is from 1 or 2 ridiculous bad beats but do you have any advice for how to not lose so much to the biggest loser? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: My biggest losses are to the biggest loser

It's almost certainly variance if that player is truly bad. 1,000 hands doesn't mean much. As for other players having a laugh, who cares and they probably don't notice anyways.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but the person who is by far the biggest loser at my tables, in the over 1000 hands that we have both been dealt in, happens to be the player who I have the biggest net loss against

[/ QUOTE ]

some of my worst losing sessions are long heads-up battles against calling stations who play any 4-cards. pisses me off too.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 AM

im having a bad downswing and i'm not surprised. I'm valued betting my excellent hands and draws only to get counterfitted and outdrawn in the end. A good player would fold with the hand they show down, hence they wouldn't lose as much.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:01 AM

anyone you play this much with, you should be taking a lot of notes on and have a good read on their play. adjust to their style. if they are super calldown monkeys, make sure you value bet a lot. if they are bluff monkeys, make sure you c/c more. make the adjustments to their style and show them who's boss. if they are truly bad, you can make some adjustments and you will dominate them in the long run.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:10 AM

1000 is really nothing. It's clearly variance. If this continues for 20k--50k hands then it could be a trend.