Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: self censorship

Guids, that research is pretty amazing considering how much we hear about poor people and the military. It's also a pretty strong endorser of a few of Limon's points, who I disagree with for the most part but makes some pretty good points.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:58 PM

wait, wow
"do you want our troops in Iraq to die? DONT CARE. "

America represents-democracy equality liberty etc

Prewar Iraq represents-no justice system womenhating dictatorship

Regaurdless of whether our reasons were justified for entering Iraq in the first place, now that we are there the rebels are fighting the troops, trying to kill them. Troops didn't go into Iraq with the intention of killing innocent people, they went in to kill a lifestyle and some bad ass mofos. Are Iraqis justified in fighting us because we invaded their country? No, because the values that they are fighting to protect are retarded.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guids, that research is pretty amazing considering how much we hear about poor people and the military. It's also a pretty strong endorser of a few of Limon's points, who I disagree with for the most part but makes some pretty good points.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will point out that it is from a conservative think tank that did the research, but there are tons more statistics out there from more unbiased sources. I do agree 100% that it adds credibility to limons standpoint.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:12 PM

guids,

I could very well be wrong, but isn't a hs diploma required to join the military? The other stats hold your point up though.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:12 PM

I assumed it has somethign to do with GED's?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
America represents-democracy equality liberty etc

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Prewar Iraq represents-no justice system womenhating dictatorship

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Troops...went in to kill a lifestyle and some bad ass mofos. Are Iraqis justified in fighting us because we invaded their country? No, because the values that they are fighting to protect are retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a propagandist's wet dream.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a problem w/ any of my points I'd like to hear it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make a serious argument that America's actions are really oriented towards the traditional symbolic values that you claim it represents.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make a serious argument that America's actions are really oriented towards the traditional symbolic values that you claim it represents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying our foreign policy on a country sized scale is oriented towards our traditional symbolic values. I'm saying that domestic America does represent those symbolic values, Iraq represented different values, and whatever our reason for entering Iraq was, the fact that they are resisting our attempts at pushing our values unto them means that they (those resisting) suck. Since they suck, we should care about if American soldiers die more than if those resisting die.

What I mean is, the Iraqi rebels aren't justified in fighting back just because our reason for entering is wrong. Our reason for entering is none of their business provided their domestic values are polar to ours.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I DONT SUPPORT THE TROOPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to put you on the spot here as I have to hear your reasoning on this one. I promise not to turn this into anything more than just accepting your response.

[/ QUOTE ]

here is an intro to the subject. candy coated and simplistic but i dont want ot really get into it if most arent interested.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...e-stein24jan24,0,4137172.column?coll=la-news-comment-opinions

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that you or it just sums up your opinion?

I want to reply more, but I said I wouldn't and I'll keep it that way [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

two quotes are spot on:

"I'm not for the war. And being against the war and saying you support the troops is one of the wussiest positions the pacifists have ever taken -- and they're wussy by definition. It's as if the one lesson they took away from Vietnam wasn't to avoid foreign conflicts with no pressing national interest but to remember to throw a parade afterward."

and

"The truth is that people who pull triggers are ultimately responsible, whether they're following orders or not. An army of people making individual moral choices may be inefficient, but an army of people ignoring their morality is horrifying."

much of the rest can be quibbled w/, added to or simply discarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

The quoted sections are 100% completely spot on and represent how I feel about the war & etc. to a high degree of accuracy.

[censored] 'support our troops, oppose the war.' Any man with a conscience who doesn't like what he's doing can quit at any time, even if at times his only choice is one slightly less terrible option over another.