Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Can long-term hard drug usage improve your life?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So obviously Heroin is probably ALWAYS -e.v.,

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Heroin/opiates are the only hard drug that has no harmful effects on the body other than it is highly addictive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, but does anyone use heroin regularly without ruining their life?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would of just ignored that comment. I have seen a couple recovering Heroin addicts. What it did to their bodies was disgusting.

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

i 'would of' kept my mouth shut if i didn't know what i was talking about. ADDICTION caused those people to engage in risky behaviors, neglect themselves, share needles, etc. HEROIN itself has literally zero negative effects on the body or brain, even over a long period of heavy use.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Heroin/opiates are the only hard drug that has no harmful effects on the body other than it is highly addictive.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would of just ignored that comment. I have seen a couple recovering Heroin addicts. What it did to their bodies was disgusting.

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

i 'would of' kept my mouth shut if i didn't know what i was talking about. ADDICTION caused those people to engage in risky behaviors, neglect themselves, share needles, etc. HEROIN itself has literally zero negative effects on the body or brain, even over a long period of heavy use.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about withdrawal effects?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:59 PM

I've enjoyed this thread, however, I think that a lot of posters are missing the exact point of the topic. What we are discussing is -- as the title says explicitly -- the consequences of long-term use of hard drugs.

I would argue that it is highly unlikely -- like 10^-6 unlikely -- that any person with a reasonable expectation to a decent quality of life would have their quality of life improved by the REGULAR/HABITUAL long-term use of any illicit drug (inlcuding LSD, Shrooms), except pot. Although, I think it is still unlikely that this type of pot use would be beneficial to life quality.

On the other hand, I would argue that short-term or very infrequent use of some illicit drugs (LSD, shrooms, Pot, MDMA and some others of this nature) COULD indeed enhance the overall quality of a peron's life.

BTW, I have no evidence to support this. It is pure speculation.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The intense ADDICTION was caused by... *drumroll* taking HEROIN! Also heroin does do bad things to your body aside from directly causing you to not care for yourself.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would argue that it is highly unlikely -- like 10^-6 unlikely -- that any person with a reasonable expectation to a decent quality of life would have their quality of life improved by the REGULAR/HABITUAL long-term use of Asian Massage Parlors

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 02-27-2007, 11:52 PM

Come on guys, heroin must just feel GREAT. You don't think your life would be slightly better if you could have that feeling once or twice a month? I think the answer to that is clearly yes, and the question is more whether it would be possible to do so without accepting too much risk of addiction and all that other crap that comes with it. But with heroin, even taking it once or twice a year would probably entail too much risk (even an incredibly small risk of ruining your life could make the whole plan -e.v.). But there must be some amount of moderation that makes mushrooms enjoyable and not risky, right?
Old 02-28-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have done LSD between 5 and 10 times from the age of 18-23. Everytime I did this drug, I always came to major conclusions about myself, my life and my surroundings during the self revelation period that always comes towards the end of any hallucigenic. These conslusions always made me a better person and I truly believe that I am the person I am today for the better because of my acid use. I know this might not answer the question as OP seems to be referring to hard drug use consistently over a long time frame and not 2x a year for 5 years but I still think this is an example of hard drugs allowing for something positive. Plus I tripped balls everytime which is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've eaten much more acid than this (like a couple hundred trips, prolly 1k+ doses) and I believe that the notion that acid "makes you a better person" is ridiculous. I've heard things along these lines from many people over the years and I've always thought it was just plain weird. Maybe I've spent enough time thinking about my surroundings, the world, and life in general when I'm not tripping that there's not a whole lot left to discover while I'm hallucinating. I don't know, but to me acid is just a fun drug, nothing more.

Also, there are too many people calling acid a "hard" drug.

To answer OP's question: No. While I believe all drugs should be legal, I also believe that we'd all be much better off if they didn't exist.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on guys, heroin must just feel GREAT. You don't think your life would be slightly better if you could have that feeling once or twice a month?

[/ QUOTE ]
But isn't that the problem? It feels great and thus everything else moves down a couple of notches on the greatness scale. So you go back to the heroin to feel that initial rush again, but its never good enough.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on guys, heroin must just feel GREAT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many people don't especially enjoy heroin. These people get addicted because h makes their problems and pain go away for a while. So it's not the high they crave, it's the absence of pain. Others just love the drug.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:33 AM

I think pot can improve your life. I rarely do it, but I'm pretty sure it's +EV.

I hang out in Vegas a lot, and it's crazy how much meth and coke are done in that city. I've never touched either (in part b/c I fear that I could get addicted). I'm pretty sure that I'd get addicted to coke. Most people in Vegas who do meth and coke age better than I'd expect. It seems like you eventually lose your sh6t, but it takes a long time.

b