Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many Business & Finance magazines do you subscribe to?
1 10 71.43%
2 1 7.14%
3 2 14.29%
more than 3 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: cocaine addiction AND non-addiction: real stories/facts

cocaine affects alot of people that way. i'm sure some of you have heard of the study where mice were given two choices - eat or take coke. they kept ingesting coke till they died. let me ask those of you who don't have a problem. if given an unlimited supply of coke in front of you, and you started snorting, when would you stop?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 PM

It's definitely about whether you're an addictive person, above all. I keep playing Internet poker till I pass out, too....

[ QUOTE ]
cocaine affects alot of people that way. i'm sure some of you have heard of the study where mice were given two choices - eat or take coke. they kept ingesting coke till they died. let me ask those of you who don't have a problem. if given an unlimited supply of coke in front of you, and you started snorting, when would you stop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-27-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ... an unlimited supply of coke? i'd be slangin onions like an organic farmer dawg
Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had nearly unlimited coke in front of me on more than one occasion, and clearly i didn't use it until i died. In fact, the amount i used was commiserate with the amount that i would generally do in a night anyways. Alright, maybe a little more.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:32 PM

I find myself doing it less and less, not really a decision either, im just at a point where if someone offers, I say nah, becuase it just isnt as fun anymore.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:56 PM

I'm not going write a novel here about myself, and my past drug addictions (none of which were coke, or stimulants for that matter) but i will say this:

Everyone is different, when it comes to what/how they become addicted. But the one sure method of becoming addicted mentally/physically to anything, is using it on a daily basis, to make those activities which you must perform each day, easier/more enjoyable. Once you realize how much happier/entertaining/pleasant daily life is on (insert substance here) going back to normal, sober life is a dark and depressing experience. Being a weekend (drug) warrior isn't going to turn most people into an addict, but for the person with self control problems, it's a quick road to hell (figuratively).
Old 02-27-2007, 09:06 PM

Im pretty open to drugs in general, but I've seen coke negatively effect enough people that I have decided to avoid doing it. The people I see doing coke dont really seem to be getting an overall positive experience out of it, given all the negatives and risks I don't really understand its appeal.

I say this as someone who thinks LSD is a life changing drug, who can't relate to people who haven't done it, who constantly resists the temptation to dose his freinds, etc.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If given an unlimited supply of coke, I wouldnt have a drug problem. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2007, 09:29 PM

What I found was that it was hard to stop while I was doing it. What I mean is, I don't usually want to stop when I start partying; I can go on a long bender. However, once the night is over, I never really want to do it. Usually just random times.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:33 PM

fs,

I know a number of people who do coke casually from time to time at parties and seem to have no addiction or major negative effects.

I know two people who started like that and then became regular (multiple times weekly users) and then became super addicted to it. In both of these cases, they had other issues in life that caused a lot of problems and told me basically the only time they felt happy was on coke and it was really the only thing they had that made them feel really good. When they came down from the high, their primary thought was getting high again.

I know one person who does it regularly when it's around, but when it's not around she seems to not have any problems not doing it. But anytime it's around, she's all over it.

Cliff notes: I've seen it have different effects on different people.