Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 03:42 PM

Default 50NL Missed AKs, difficult stack sizes - misplayed?

<font color="blue"> UTG seems to be a fish preflop: 52/2/.33 after 40 hands, and I've consistently seen him cold-call preflop raises and reraises. I don't think I've seen him show down a hand - he's won a few pots postflop by either raising the flop or taking it away on a later street, and has also folded a few times on the flop.

SB is 15/6/.6 after 70 hands
</font>

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($57.60)
UTG ($30.35)
Button ($31.15)
SB ($49.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.5</font>, SB calls $1.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, UTG calls $5.50, Button folds, SB calls $4.50.

Flop: ($19.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10, SB folds.

<font color="blue"> Normally I would make a bigger cbet (around 3/4 pot), except with UTG to act behind me, betting that much would basically commit me if he raised all-in, yet with SB left to act and UTG's stack being greater than the pot, I couldn't simply push on the flop. </font>

Turn: ($39.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

<font color="blue"> Was I right just to flat call here? </font>

River: ($46.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $10.85 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="blue"> It just feels dirty folding AKs getting 5.5:1, should I have CRAI on the turn or pushed the river instead? </font>

Final Pot: $57.35

<font color="blue"> So, how badly misplayed was it? And if so, what should I have done differently? </font>
Old 02-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: 50NL Missed AKs, difficult stack sizes - misplayed?

I check on the flop and fold to a decent bet. I don't think this is a comfortable position to c-bet in. You're not in position against two opponents who don't like folding
Old 02-27-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check on the flop and fold to a decent bet. I don't think this is a comfortable position to c-bet in. You're not in position against two opponents who don't like folding

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-27-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is a c-fold situation on such an ordinary flop, does that mean it was a mistake to RR with AKs pf (or perhaps just a mistake of betsizing pf)? Because it seems like bad practice to reraise stations preflop, and then check fold the majority of flops.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:12 PM

I reraise stations PF, coz i know then will pay me with worse hands, so when i hit i can extract more and more.

But there is no reason to bet into a station when u dont hit. I just bet then in small pots to make an image.

Never bluff a station. Wait a hand and stack then.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is a c-fold situation on such an ordinary flop, does that mean it was a mistake to RR with AKs pf (or perhaps just a mistake of betsizing pf)? Because it seems like bad practice to reraise stations preflop, and then check fold the majority of flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I'd be interested if some more experienced players answered that question
Old 02-27-2007, 05:06 PM

How bout the turn? Villain severely underbet the pot ($3.50 into a pot worth ~$40).

I encounter this situation a lot in $10NL, where i raise preflop and then put in a c-bet that get called. I plan to check/fold but suddenly villain makes a small undersized bet &lt;1/5th the pot. What do you guys normally do in this situation? Obviously if you have a draw of some sort u call, but if you have 2 overcards? Or 1 even?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How bout the turn? Villain severely underbet the pot ($3.50 into a pot worth ~$40).

I encounter this situation a lot in $10NL, where i raise preflop and then put in a c-bet that get called. I plan to check/fold but suddenly villain makes a small undersized bet &lt;1/5th the pot. What do you guys normally do in this situation? Obviously if you have a draw of some sort u call, but if you have 2 overcards? Or 1 even?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call but fold to the shove on river. Usually I find SS are holding a weak pair here and sometimes will give it up if I CRAI on turn. It's villian dependent IMO and depends on stack size. With 6 outs to river and a bit of FE I dont think CRAI is a bad move. If anything you'll build an image and stack him later.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:33 PM

Barring an absolute disaster flop I pretty much always cbet after 3 betting preflop. Sucky spot, but I like this hand.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:36 PM

There is no problem with your PFR to $6 in this situation. You have a premium hand and you welcome the weaker players getting money in with obvious weaker hands. If you make it more than 4x you're probably pushing out weaker hands. That said, with 2 people still around on the flop and the flop being very likely to have hit one of these 2 players (hitting a T with a hand like 9T, TJ, TQ, etc. or hitting some sort of straight or flush draw) you probably don't want to be continuation betting, and if you do, please don't c-bet for 1/2 pot. It appears that the UTG player is quite passive, and there's a good chance that he'll check behind on the flop with an aggression of 0.33, thus allowing you to possibly improve with a K or A and likely having the best hand. All said and done, it comes down to what you think you can push your opponents off of with a c-bet here. Any midrange PP, flush draw, or decent T is calling you, and you are just over inflating the pot with no made hand.

My action: Check the flop with the possibility of calling upwards of a $4 bet from UTG (probably ~75% of the time) and reassessing on the turn.