Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Stars Datamining - Interested in results?

Don't want to be a killjoy, but will mucked hands be known at showdown? Unless the guy was in the hand or he got the hand history from someone that was in the hand, he won't have this sort of information, which might make the database not as useful for a student of the game.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:17 AM

mucked hands wont be in the mined handfile. (only if you are in the hand)
Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 AM

Just so you're all aware, this is from Stars terms of service:

[ QUOTE ]

4.4 EXTERNAL PLAYER ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS (EPA). PokerStars prohibits External player assistance programs ("EPA Programs") which are designed to provide an "Unfair Advantage" to players. PokerStars defines External to mean computer software (other than the PokerStars game client provided by PokerStars), and non-software-based databases or profiles (e.g. web sites and subscription services). PokerStars defines an "Unfair Advantage" as a User accessing or compiling information on other players beyond that which the User has personally observed through the User's own game play. We encourage you to read our Prohibited Programs FAQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:06 AM

a lot of you have expressed interest on this forum and have expressed willingness to pay for this DB. So far one person has sent me $50 on stars. combined with my roomate and I, that's $150 (only $350 to go!) Awaiting transfers from 2 others, so really only $250 to go.

I spoke to the guy via email yesterday and he said he would get everything done within 3 days (approx) including having it set up as a DB for $500. We can easily get this money together if everyone here pitches in.

MarkD.
WillyT

please PM me if you're willing to pitch in.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:39 AM

will this be access or SQL?

Access will be 2GB for each about 900k hands
Old 02-27-2007, 09:43 AM

i don't know anything about computers really. i just know its gonna be the standard PT database file.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:43 AM

update guys:

Thanks for everyone who's sent money.

I just spoke to the guy again via email and this is what he said:

Richard,

For 500 I would be prepared to send you the raw hand histories and write a script to compute the best/worst 50 players at each/all limits. To enter all this data into pokertracker would lock my computer for quite a few days at 30k hands per hour.

Even if I exclude 15/30 I am left with around 5 mil hands. This would amount to 166 hours to enter all this into pokertracker if I can get 30k hands an hour. Good luck on finding someone willing to let his powerful computer be locked for 7 days 100% just to enter data into
pokertracker for $500. Best offer I can make to you is to write a fast script that would process the data and output the name of top/bottom players.

As for pokeredge: good luck with that if you feel it's better. Usually
my customers buy raw hand data and enter them into pokertracker for their chosen limits and use pahud. I capture over 95% of the games played on stars.

I do have customers that value my hand histories and I am not prepared to sell you my big database for peanuts.

Best Regards,
HH

So apparently now he only wants to give us the raw HH along with a script. Can anyone here with a spare computer compile it into a PT database for us in a reasonable amount of time?

Before the guy wanted $300 for screenshots of the biggest winners/losers, and I assumed that came with the actual hand histories. But I was mistaken. So now it seems he wants $500 for the raw hand histories, and $300 for the screenshots and everything compiled in a PT database.

So far I've gotten like 5 2p2ers to contribute and awaiting to hear back from more. Tell me how you guys want to proceede. If you just want your money back, I will be happy to do so, etc.

Thanks and sorry for the hassle.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:21 AM

whats the point of the scrpt? we can see all that info in the database.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 AM

Looking forward to seeing where I am on the biggest loser list over that period.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:44 AM

victor, the guy is saying he doens't want to compile into a DB for $500. he wants to just give the HH. wants more for the DB (another $300)
Closed Thread