Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Meeting Random MySpace Chick

So I get this message from this girl on MySpace yesterday...

[ QUOTE ]
you look like a fun person, What are you doing tuesday night? A huge group is going to hang out at [classy bar I know and have been to] in [town] at 7pm. Let me know if you want to come hang out.

Amber

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked out her profile, and she's actually kinda cute. She's not like "omg hawt" or anything, but I take 2+2 standards with a grain of salt anyway since perfect 10's get 4's and 5's here.

So I was kind of intrigued, and since I have no plans tonight I gave her a "maybe but probably yes" kind of answer. (I figure I can get a funny trip report if nothing else.)

I also know that people tend to put better looking photos of themselves online (hell, I do!), so you might get a surprise seeing them for the first time. I flat out assumed I wouldn't recognize her from her MySpace, so I tried to get a hint about finding her when I get there. (I'm sure it won't be a problem since the bar is tiny.)

[ QUOTE ]
Heya [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll probably be around Tuesday night, so maybe I'll stop in. I was actually thinking of trying to get back there once. I only went once and have been looking for a reason to go again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

How many people should I be looking for if I can make it?

[/ QUOTE ]

She sent me a reply today.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing right now around 12-15 people. I'll try to wear my Jaycees shirt so you will be able to find us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck at fashion, and I have no idea what a Jaycees shirt is. Can anyone help me know what to look for?

Edit: Also, here's my ugly mug on MySpace for you to laugh at if you care.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Meeting Random MySpace Chick

Jaycees is an organization for young business profesionals. You're being recruited not hit on.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jaycees is an organization for young business profesionals. You're being recruited not hit on.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL awesome...I can totally see this happening. I'll try to make it funny for a good trip report.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Is there lots of this type of stuff going on online? I remember a while back there was that guy on here who got roped into that pyramid scheme presentation by the hot russian girl.

what a bummer, ya think you found a chic and she's just using you as part of her marketing. OP, cause a huge scene,
use words like gangbang and video and "I thought you loved me!"
Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Is there lots of this type of stuff going on online? I remember a while back there was that guy on here who got roped into that pyramid scheme presentation by the hot russian girl.

what a bummer, ya think you found a chic and she's just using you as part of her marketing. OP, cause a huge scene,
use words like gangbang and video and "I thought you loved me!"

[/ QUOTE ]
If it turns out to be a scam, I'll make it as interesting as possible. I've never had a problem being the focus of attention or making a fool of myself just to make others laugh. This could be good either way.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Okay, so I looked at a couple of her hot friends' profiles, and I saw that one is some Exec of something or other in the area. She left a comment for this chick today that said the following:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for showing up last night, it meant a lot to have your support. I'm a little nervous as to if I can actually do this or not. I can't wait until tonight, I need something to relax me. I'll see ya at [classy place she invited me to]!

Amber

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonight is going to be hilarious. I'm open to suggestions on how to make it interesting.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 AM

It's not a scam, but it's spam phishing based recruitment. You should show up wearing a protest sign, something like Jaycees Created Global Warming, or something..heh.

Like other old school organizations, they're trying to keep up with the times, I guess. Just another reason why MySpace sucks balls.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:49 AM

OP,
show up with a fully body costume like Ninja or dinosaur. Say you thought it was a halloween party and be really offended. Flip out.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Too bad you aren't Borat.......
Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 AM

Somebody else posted a similar experience in the meeting girls of Mysapce thread....I'm pretty much 90% sure that at the end of the meeting they tried tapping up the poster for money...

Vava