Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: To jam or not to jam

If you are talking about the first raise I tend to agree.

If you are talking about the reraise I don't agree. With a round of bets having gone in you would like to thin the field unless the bring-in has you badly dominated for high (e.g. AA or roll-ups).

But either way it's a moot point because it's rare for people to call one bet in stud 8 on 3rd street but then fold for 2 or 3 more back to them.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: To jam or not to jam

On third street, I would just call the initial bet. I'd prefer multi-way action with a hand like this. Since you raised and got a bunch of callers, when the other guy three-bets, I think you have a cap. Now it could be that seat 1 has three spades, which wouldn't be good for you, but he probably shouldn't be playing a hand like that for two bets. If he's playing that for two bets, he's probably playing other hands he shouldn't for two bets, so I wouldn't worry about it that much.

On fourth street, I would welcome a lot of action and I would be tickled pink if I raised and everyone folded. I can't think of anything bad that would come from raising. If you knock everyone out, maybe the bring-in will bust and you can scoop with something stinky like a pair of Tens. If people call along with garbage (sure looks like garbage), you've got a sizable amount of equity. Get your money in there.