Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Major Party Upgrade - Official Q&A thread.

With tabling resizing, how many tables can we put on a 2001FP without overlap... 6?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:56 AM

Old 02-16-2006, 10:56 AM

Please tell me that they are going to add more Multi-table SNG's. 5-table, 10-table, etc. The popularity of the 180 man SNG's at Stars is unbelievable and Party really needs to cash in on this. It looks like they stole everything else from Stars, so I'm guessing they will have something similar as well.

B.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:57 AM

9 with max resolution
Old 02-16-2006, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me that they are going to add more Multi-table SNG's. 5-table, 10-table, etc. The popularity of the 180 man SNG's at Stars is unbelievable and Party really needs to cash in on this. It looks like they stole everything else from Stars, so I'm guessing they will have something similar as well.

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the 180-man SNG came from a poster at 2+2 so you could say that Pokerstars "stole" it from 2+2.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$15/30 Limit Hold'em 6 Jackpot
$10/20 Limit Hold'em 6 Jackpot
$5/10 Limit Hold'em 6 Jackpot
$3/6 Limit Hold'em 6 Jackpot
$2/4 Limit Hold'em 6 Jackpot

[/ QUOTE ]

<drool>

[/ QUOTE ]

serrrrrriously, I missed that when I looked. Holy double fish loves coming together!
Old 02-16-2006, 11:06 AM

deal making = potentially good (but would have to see it in action first). It would be very easy to think that they have implemented some sort of appropriate system of automated deals that are really incorrect. However, since I can accept them when it's too my advantage and turn them down when i like this might not be such a bad thing.

automated deal-making is something that I have recommended for sites like Stars MANY times in the past (as they have always had personalized deal-making, and party didn't even allow deals, I thought Stars would be the first to implement something like this but they don't want to evidently).

Flatter pay-out structure for MTT's = mostly bad and pointless. I'm guessing most 2+2'ers in the MTT forum agree with me on this one.
Playing all that time just to get one's entry-fee back for finishing in the top 20% (or however it is structured) makes the tourneys far less attractive imo.

Combining the buy-in with the entry-fee for MTT's = annoying since I have to open up the tourney lobby to make sure the $100 tourney isn't something ridiculous like $75+25.

Longer SNG structure = not sure yet. I think a lot of players here actually like the fastish SNG structures on Party and are obviously comfortable with them.
I qualified for some shoot-out satellite thing on another site. Rather slow structure. The final-table of the shoot-out (10 players) took almost 2 hours.

I like to get through the single-table tourneys a bit more quickly actually because I've become comfortable with that. And I never REALLY cared that much for the really long structures in the Stars and UB SNG's (compared to Party).

that said, I'm willing to give the new ones a shot perhaps and am in the wait-and-see camp regarding whether I will prefer these or not.

Of course, all of this might not be quite so meaningful since I haven't been playing at Party very much lately.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will the tables have names instead of numbers?

ENJOY!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

"In the new Lobby, all cash games and single-table tournaments will have individual names."

* CalvinTy
Old 02-16-2006, 11:12 AM

Any thoughts to adding HORSE games or at the very least on SNGs. Full Tilt has those and they are great (except that Full Tilt doesn't have a lot of players).
Old 02-16-2006, 11:27 AM

HORSE or SHORTED would be fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread