Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2006, 08:28 AM

Default 1-2 AQs check behind the turn to induce?

Villain is a 55/20 over 100 hands. His river aggression is 4 but that isn't incredibly reliable with this amount of data. His fold curve is 13/6/5, so he seems to call too much, but again not too many hands. Basically your standard guy at low stakes who calls too much and throws out some weird bets.

I have a LAG image, so I am raising preflop, betting the flop, and giving up on the turn a fair amount of the time. Other preferred lines? Would you include this one some % of the time regardless? If not, would you if the flop was rainbow or the turn was more innocuous? Thoughts on the size of the flop bet?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($291)
SB ($186.13)
BB ($167.67)
UTG ($198)
MP ($412.05)
CO ($195.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
1 fold[/i]</font>, MP calls $2, CO calls $2, Hero raises to $11</font>, SB (poster) calls $10, 1 fold[/i]</font>, MP folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($28) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets $17</font>, SB calls $17.

Turn: ($62) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($62) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
SB bets $60</font>, Hero calls $60.

Final Pot: $182
Old 02-16-2006, 08:36 AM

Default Re: 1-2 AQs check behind the turn to induce?

Why stop the betting now that you've made a hand?
All you're doing is give your opponent a free card to hit a flush, some freaky straight or what not.

As for the flop cont. bet, I would've bet more here myself, make sure it's the same amount you'd bet as when you'd hit a perfect flop.

I think TPTK is not really the sort of hand you want to induce bluffs with.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:52 AM

The board is to draw heavy and I think you give up to much value against this guy by not betting the turn here (55 or so). Against a good tricky player, I often check behind in this spot though.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think TPTK is not really the sort of hand you want to induce bluffs with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I think TPTK at least if its Q, K or A is a perfect hand to check behind on the turn to induce a bluff, but as I pointed in my reply, not in this specific spot.

With the better holdings, like 2pair and sets you give up to much value by induce bluffs because villian can have a strong hand to extract some nice value from.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think TPTK at least if its Q, K or A is a perfect hand to check behind on the turn to induce a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like checking behind on the turn - it can be hard to tell if Villain actually made a hand that beats you, or if it's just a bluff. Also, there are plenty of scarecards for a TPTK holding to come on the river.

Suppose you check behind the turn, river comes (no scary card) and Villain makes a 2/3 pot bet. Do you flat call or do you raise this bluff? (Not in this specific hand, but generally speaking).
Old 02-16-2006, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think TPTK at least if its Q, K or A is a perfect hand to check behind on the turn to induce a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]Suppose you check behind the turn, river comes (no scary card) and Villain makes a 2/3 pot bet. Do you flat call or do you raise this bluff? (Not in this specific hand, but generally speaking).

[/ QUOTE ]
Calling (about 90% of the time).