Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2006, 07:06 AM

Default 3/6 6m - Am I suuposed to fold this?

If anyone was wondering how February has been going lately...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (18.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (31.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 44.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Jc Jh (three of a kind, jacks).
CO has As Ah (three of a kind, aces).
Hero has 3h 3s (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: CO wins 44.16 BB. </font>

-Brian
Old 02-16-2006, 07:16 AM

Default Re: 3/6 6m - Am I suuposed to fold this?

Well..... you had a pair of... threes in a capped pot.....
I don't necessarily fold on the turn but when it goes

Bet call raise to you, just fold.

And fold preflop, seriously. Wow. Wow. ......Wow.

And post in the right forum?
Old 02-16-2006, 07:22 AM

I also would have folded preflop
Old 02-16-2006, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well..... you had a pair of... threes in a capped pot.....
I don't necessarily fold on the turn but when it goes

Bet call raise to you, just fold.

And fold preflop, seriously. Wow. Wow. ......Wow.

And post in the right forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you troll the bad beat forum to make rude and unhelpful posts to others?

You have to be joking about preflop play. The limp is easy getting 4:1. Then BB raises, everyone calls, and CO 3-bets. Now I'm getting 13:2 to call, or 6.5:1. Folding here would be a catastrophe, since I'm 7.5:1 to make a set in a hand where someone likely has an overpair that they'll pay off with. And calling the cap is even easier. ...would I have limped if I knew I was going to have to pay 4 to see the flop? No, but I'm not clairvoyant.

As for the river, well yeah, my play sucks. I was on mega tilt at that point...

So post in the right forum? Which forum would you suggest for my being chased down by multiple 2 outers in the biggest pot I've ever seen post? Thanks for your help.

-Brian
Old 02-16-2006, 07:43 AM

How are you getting 13:2 on the 3 bet?

Whatever, you ask if you're supposed to fold this. That sounds like a decision.

At least you managed to get 4 bets in on every street except the one where you were ahead, right?
Old 02-16-2006, 07:52 AM

Doh, I double counted the raises. I'm getting 10:2. Which is still an easy call. Again, I'm only 7.5:1 to hit my set, and making up 2.5 small bets will usually be cake when you hit.

-Brian
Old 02-16-2006, 07:59 AM

Yeah, that's true, I still don't like to call there for three bets, there's a reasonable chance that the BB(who just raised in to 4 limpers) is willing to cap.

You should 3 bet the flop, you're getting lots of action on 9-2-3 rainbow, it's obvious that you're looking at overpairs. I don't like to wait and then cap here because in last position there's a pretty good chance everyone will check to you and you only extract one bet/street. If you 3 bet and get capped you can raise the turn and get a TON of bets here.

I still think you should fold for the 3 bet preflop, for two reasons:
-You're putting in many bets for a hand that doesn't warrant it, the CO 3bet is an easy escape and I think you should take it.
-You're 7.5:1 to hit a set(or whatever it is) but that doesn't make you invincible. Especially three handed, this can kill you(as it did here) You're probably going to play the hand MORE aggressively if the flop is A32/K32 Q32 etc.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:00 AM

Oh. And while I did mean to be a [censored], I didn't mean for it to upset you so bad.

This kind of the thread(the way you present it...asking for advice) should go in SSHE

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...rd=smallholdem
Old 02-16-2006, 08:09 AM

FWIW I play this the same except maybe 3-betting flop, pot is big enough that there is no point slowplaying and the last raiser is to your right... Just tough luck w/ the turn and river cards.
Last night I lost AA to 99 twice on low uncoordinated boards. Lost about $500 just on those two hands.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:10 AM

Jeez, dude, I think I know where SSHE is. I didn't post it there because there's no useful strategic content in the hand.

Preflop is trivially and mathematically easy, no matter what you say. It's basic FTOP stuff. ...and it's silly to suggest that BB is certainly going to cap it.

I didn't 3 bet the flop because I'd be shutting out the field, and most of those guys are drawing slim or dead. ...in fact, nearly everyone was drawing slim or dead. That's why it's a bad beat post.

I didn't cap the flop because calling 2 and then capping would reveal my hand to anyone with a brain. Not to mention BB would possibly not bet the turn, which would prevent me from raising and trapping the field on the turn. (Edit: on the other hand, some opponents don't have a brain, so capping certainly wouldn't be terrible...)

As for folding the river...well, I knew CO had AA when he sprung back to life. And if I was good I'd have folded.

I have, however, discovered that this forum is no fun. Back to the strategy forums for me.

-Brian