Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 12:01 AM

Default How to Play Optimally at Micro Stakes?

I am a new poster but have been reading the forums for quite some time. I deposited $35 in stars and grinded it up to ~$300 starting at the 2c/4c tables, working my way up.

I currently play the 25c/50c games on pokerstars and I try to apply the advice here to these games. I am wondering if anyone has any advice for these games. The players love to cold call pf raises, and I find in general I am unable to read their hands because some of them have vips above 50 etc. If I try to apply logic to there hands it usually does not work.

I try to play a tight 25/15 game in general, but I am wondering if there needs to be modifications to the general strategy discussed here because 3 or 4 people usually see the flop, people will not fold bottom pair to continuation bets etc.

I'm guessing the advice will be to value bet relentlessly. But what about hand reading? I need to learn to do it eventually don't I?

If anyone else plays at these stakes maybe we could review hand histories or something.

I really appreciate the work you guys do on these forums.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: How to Play Optimally at Micro Stakes?

Wrong forum bud. Post in the micro forum.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:30 AM

Does this belong there if I am talking about 6 max games? If so can a mod move it or should I repost?

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:03 AM

If you haven't read SSH (Small Stakes Holdem) go read it. If you have then you should pretty much know what's up. Value bet relentlessly and learn how to play well in large pots. Keep reading and posting in the forums. Read the FAQ section of the micros I think there's some basic stuff there.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum bud. Post in the micro forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

SSSH is for micro 6m too. Though people also post micro 6m hands in the micro forum.

OP,

Your post basically asks how to play poker. That subject is very broad. Try posting some hands.