Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Daniel Negreanu - Good guy or bad?
GOOD 32 74.42%
HMM? 8 18.60%
BAD 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Thank you Sossman subthread--add your own highlights!

Ditto the thanks to Sossman. A great time was had by all, as usual.

Highlight from the mixed game:
NL Pineapple, JFK folds TT on T76 two-suited flop to Mr OOG's large check-raise. Mr OOG shows flush draw + gutshot.

Any thoughts on tourney early vs tourney late? I personally thought early worked really well...
Old 02-25-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Participating in the toughest no-limit cash game I've ever played (6-7 handed).

[/ QUOTE ]

I started out on that table when the stakes were tiny at first and had no clue how much talent was sitting there until later when I had switched to the baby game.

I knew everyone except me (and C-Dog) was a high stakes player, but later when I saw DJ stand up and the back of his shirt says "Sensei", I'm like OMG! that's.......and then caught a glimpse of the well mannered redhead's nametag and I'm like, OMG! I watch that guy's vidoes on CardRunners.

I lasted a half hour on that table and only lost $20 to you so called "sharks". HA! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks Sossman! You rock once again!

Onaflag.........
Old 02-25-2007, 08:24 PM

I really enjoyed myself last night. It was a pleasure to play with such a good group of people. It was also a nice change of pace to play with actual thinking players. Good thing I had my luckbox turned to high!

[ QUOTE ]
- Unable to defend the tourney championship due to AA cracked vs KJ. No champion was crowned as the remaining four decided to do a 4-way chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL DONKAMENTS
Old 02-25-2007, 08:45 PM

I remember this hand came up kinda early in the tourney. modaddy opens on the button for a standard raise. I had already laid down an ace to his button raise the previous orbit so this time I decided to call from the small blind with intentions of pushing just about any flop. Big blind folds. Flop comes A 10 x. I think for a few seconds and then push. A couple seconds pass then mo says," I just got stop,n go'd." I couldn't help it and started laughing. He then says," You were gonna do that no matter what flopped, weren't you? I thought it was funny that we both new what each other was up to, and I really got a kick out of him saying that at the time. He thougt for a while, and begrudgingly decided to fold. FWIW I had J10.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts on tourney early vs tourney late? I personally thought early worked really well...

[/ QUOTE ]

The only bad thing about early is if you get knocked out early, you have nothing to do until more people get knocked out. I can't remember anything I did in the tournament. I think I just folded every hand until I got blinded down and pushed into a pair of aces.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 PM

Yeah, that was fun... I had pocket 4's. :-) I was pretty sure you didn't have an A (no c/r) and was trying to decide if you had a T, an X, or a naked flush draw. Glad to know my read was pretty much on...
Old 02-26-2007, 02:02 AM

man, i really wish i was able to make it! sounds like it was a blast...hopefully next time!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:27 AM

darn not being able to get off work.. oh well.. theres always next season.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 AM

Thanks very much to Sossman for hosting and to everyone (onaflag) who brought the tables and chairs. Thanks to Garland for running the tourney. A specical level of thanks to Soss's wife, who came home around midnight and started making waffles for anyone in the mood.

Waffles at midnight are a real treat, though no one had the heart to see if she'd round out the meal with some fried chicken.

After the de-evolution of our HORSE plus TD 2-7, plus whatever popped into C-Dog's head, I enjoyed the introduction to Crazy Pineapple despite some tortured (and in hindsight, incorrect) lay downs. C-Dog's wife Amber was smacking me around like a little girl and Mike was impersonating a nut peddler while moving me off winners (including top set) with junk.

Nothing quite says -EV like playing obscure mixed game variants for the first time with practiced 2+2ers. At least we kept the badugi under wraps. I hope someone tempts Ray Zee to write a "How to Beat Tough Crazy Pineapple Home Games" tome.

At least I stayed off the NLHE table. After about half an hour each of the players there looked like they'd been tarmac'd by Jet Blue for a fifteen hour stint. It was not a soft lineup and the strain was palpable.

Nearly as fun was recounting to modaddy his Garden City exploits as seen by others. Despite having played at least forty hours of limit hold 'em with modaddy, remembering specific hands we played and knowing many of his personal battles with the clientele, modaddy had zero recollection of having ever seen me. In other words, it pays to keep a low profile.

It was very enjoyable to put some faces to names (and names to faces) and to know whom to watch for at the local card rooms.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:50 AM

man those waffles smelled really good. if i wasnt full of pizza and in-n-out burger i'd have gobbled one down.

good times too, maybe sometime soon have a live game in the city for us non-suburban folks?