Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Bizarre AA hand vs a steaming nit

This is a live 2/5 game, effective stacks are around 800, really odd hand.

Villain in the SB is huge nit. Probably the biggest nit I have ever played against. We have played together a decent amount, and he probably views me as a bit wild and loose, but knows I am a pretty good player. I think he hates my guts but I think he hates everyone so who knows if that matters.

The only things that might or might not make this nit unique in this hand are:

1 - I have seen him make weird slowplays of moderate made hands on dry boards, but he generally plays pretty fast with big hands.

2 - For the first time I can remember he seems to be steaming pretty hard due to being stuck about 2k in the last hour.

I have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG+1 and limp, going for a re-raise. Ends up being 6 limpers to the flop including the blinds.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

It's checked to me and I bet the pot (30) and the only caller is the huge nit in the SB.

Turn: (K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($90)

He checks, I take a second to think and bet 50, he raises me to 125 pretty quick.

I decide to call for two reasons... one, there is no way in hell this guy is putting me on aces in a million years, he probably thinks I'm bluffing or I have a weak made hand like K9. And two, I have never seen him check-raise fast like that with a big made hand. In fact I would expect him to donk the turn with a real hand here almost always.

The river is the 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] which I would consider a pretty good card.

I would like to hear what you think so far and what you would do on the river if he leads out or checks.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Bizarre AA hand vs a steaming nit

That is way to much to read so I saw the board and your hand. Push teh river, obv.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have AA UTG+1 and limp, going for a re-raise. Ends up being 6 limpers to the flop including the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I probably call river if he bets, and value bet if he doesnt. The rest looks fine so far.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is way to much to read so I saw the board and your hand. Push teh river, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, sorry to include pesky things like relevant information and reads, but here you go, cliff's notes:

[b]2/5 NL hold them, $800 effective stacks

SB is a steaming nit who hates my guts

Hero: ZOMG I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG+1
Hero: /limps

Table: LOL 5 bucks ok I call

Hero: dammit

FLOP: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (30 bucks)

Table: /checks
Hero: /bets 30
SB: /calls 30
Table: /dies in a fire

TURN: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (90)

SB: /hateful stare
SB: /checks
HERO: durrr /bets 50
SB: /raises to 125
HERO: wtf
HERO: /calls 75

RIVER: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

HALP ME GUYZ WHAT DO I DO
Old 02-26-2007, 12:51 AM

Call a reasonable size bet on the river, and you should probably check behind if he checks to you. This is a pot that saw 6 players limp to a flop, you can conceivably see any random idiotic hand here.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:53 AM

even a nit could complete k7s in a 3 way pot. i think you're beat on the turn.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 AM

if he's that big a nit, he's not paying off 3 streets w some king - and that's the driest board ever - just check turn behind - call or get value on river. also - i pretty much hate limp reraising in like 98% of all live games.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:23 AM

ok so no big surprises on the turn opinions, probably could have checked behind. combined with my knowledge of this player and the current circumstances i think a call on the turn is the right play, but i probably am beat by a suited two pair or 222 sometimes.

the river was the interesting street, he checked it immediately and i thought for a minute and decided he really never checks trips or better on this river, he was probably raising with something like AK, KQ, or possibly two pair. maybe he's hoping to pick off a bluff. but he really has no reason to believe i'll bet this river if he checks so the idea of him going for a check raise seems pretty silly.

i put him on two pair, possibly counterfeited, or possibly just a large king, and i make a small bet of 150, believing he might be looking to pick off a bluff.

he makes it 400 like instantly.

my first thought is wtf, he never checks a full house to me on the river here, no [censored] way
Old 02-26-2007, 04:24 AM

obv this is the part where the 'bizarre' comes in
Old 02-26-2007, 04:46 AM

Fold the turn.