Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: I\'m at nit 25NL

I'd raise one more preflop. This is one of the flops you played for, isn't it? If it's not; you should have folded preflop in my opinion. Too bad there's a Q out there but that shouldn't stop you from going for it. I put him on AK, AQs or a big pair. It's probably not aces if you 3bet preflop and he didn't move in on you, so you are probably not in very bad shape. You didn't 3bet prelop, but I'd still go for it here.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise one more preflop. This is one of the flops you played for, isn't it? If it's not; you should have folded preflop in my opinion. Too bad there's a Q out there but that shouldn't stop you from going for it. I put him on AK, AQs or a big pair. It's probably not aces if you 3bet preflop and he didn't move in on you, so you are probably not in very bad shape. You didn't 3bet prelop, but I'd still go for it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 4bet preflop here would require villain to be 3betting light as we would not be able to call AI with just AKo to a 14/10's push. Given what I said about 3betting light (ie. it just doesnt happen at 25nl) its pretty unlikely that there is any FE in a 4bet here so for that reason I think its a waste of money.

An ideal flop for this hand would be a naked Ace or King or two pair of some kind eg A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. THis would put us in reasonable stead versus villains range. As it is on this flop we are a bit screwed as most of the hands which villain would have 3bet preflop now kill us.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:21 PM

hell ... if you c/f TPTK just fold preflop ... what did you want to flop??
Folding AK pf oop against rocks isnt bad though.

As played definatly bet/fold the flop.