Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Please Explain The Worst Parking I\'ve Ever Seen

[ QUOTE ]
I have to admit that since I traded my itty-bitty 323 convertible for a big 4 door, I have become a terrible parker. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I've had the new car for nearly a year now, and I still hate pulling into spaces between two other cars. I always seem to end up too close on the driver's side and too far on the passenger, necessitating backing up and adjusting like a complete tard. I have developed parking anxiety over it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

***IMPROBABLE SHOW OF SOLIDARITY***

I had an '81 Datsun 280ZX. Then it blew up. Now I have an Accord that's somewhat larger. I also now live in LA. Anywhere it's street-parking only is like dying a thousand deaths. I walked four miles round-trip (I know, four miles, wow, what a trooper [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) to a restaurant the other day rather than attempt to street-park on a busy thoroughfare. I feel helpless and inadequate like a little child. God damn you, Los Angeles; you've taken all that's left to take.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:15 PM

I had no idea this thread would tap into high emotion. I myself had some parking difficulties this afternoon, as I was taking the Little Treesongs to go sledding in Loring Park. I am happy to report, however, that we prevailed.

I would be more sympathetic to driver I pictured if parking spots were in short supply; in that event, I would regard him as both clever and creative. But please remember that there were at least five hundred available parking spots within easy walking distance of his car. Really.

Borodog: I recently bought a longer car and I too now suck at parking. Tip: if you're over the age of twenty and buy a longer car, put in rear-parking radar.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But please remember that there were at least five hundred available parking spots within easy walking distance of his car. Really.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you don't know when he parked there. It could have been full at the time. Or did you see him do it?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But please remember that there were at least five hundred available parking spots within easy walking distance of his car. Really.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you don't know when he parked there. It could have been full at the time. Or did you see him do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hypothetical is certainly possible. But it was a museum parking lot. I drove in at about 10:30 in the morning. It is possible that his car had been there overnight, but come on -- who parks their car in a museum parking lot overnight? It's not like you can buy booze inside and prevent yourself from driving home.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:38 PM

Mr. Treesong,

Sometimes life issues you a challenge. It is not up to us to question what got you there, or to ask why me and not someone else. No time to whine, complain, or look for other spots. When the gauntlet is thrown you have no choice. There is no delay, you must focus all of your energy on the task at hand.

There was a parking spot, and some intrepid pilot conquered it. I commend Mr. 946-JNB.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Treesong,

Sometimes life issues you a challenge. It is not up to us to question what got you there, or to ask why me and not someone else. No time to whine, complain, or look for other spots. When the gauntlet is thrown you have no choice. There is no delay, you must focus all of your energy on the task at hand.

There was a parking spot, and some intrepid pilot conquered it. I commend Mr. 946-JNB.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're correct, sir. I had not considered the notion that 946 JMB was being driven by Sir Edmund Hillary.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:54 PM

How close is that spot to a toilet?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:51 PM

In Philly they park on the goddamned median. In the middle of the street.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:02 PM

My dad and I sometimes go to this Arabic men's club in Detroit. They have excellent food, poker, card games, alcohol, belly dancers, backgammon, and pool. It is a great place to hang.

The valet parking attendant, however, is the stupidist person I have ever met in my life. He has a normal parking lot, however, he parks the cars in a random fashion. I mean random zig-zag block others in zoo-ish fashion. When you go to leave, he has to drive three-four other cars out into the street to gain access to your car. It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Lol, junkyardaments.

-J
Old 02-25-2007, 09:06 PM

16 year old driver, showing off for his buds.