Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: The best poker players: The Swedes and the Jews

Daniel N. wrote that he was jewish on his blogg on fulltilt.com

Well, the vietnamese and the norweigians are also good... and the americans too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But on the Internet the swedes rules mostly and there's a few good norwegians such as BEETHOVEN who plays highstakes fixed on the prima network. But I think his nemesis Zeus who also plays highstakes is swedish but I'm not sure. And in this years WSOP Main Event there was one swedish gut on the final table. And for those who wonders: I'm not jewish. I'm swedish.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:23 PM

Default I like what Mike Caro says

in poker tells, he says that black poker players love to gamble and asain players are "lucky".

what a mad genius
Old 12-16-2005, 07:41 PM

Scandinavians do have a cultural advantage when it comes to emotional control, which also shows itself in how many Minnesotans we have around here.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:49 PM

you forgot me in the list of jews
Old 12-16-2005, 07:52 PM

Bron and raised in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. Go Vikes. Oh ya, why doesn't my Nordic blodd help me play cards well? I suck!!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:53 PM

Born.....duh..fingers are frozen
Old 12-16-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scandinavians do have a cultural advantage when it comes to emotional control, which also shows itself in how many Minnesotans we have around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not see how our culture affects the game of cards. Many may think that scandinavian people are introvert and are afraid to leave our homes beacuse of the ice bears are waitng around the corners to grab a snack. Nothing could be more wrong. In Sweden ther's coldness on the WINTER but in the summer here's realy hot! But I think the reason to why there's so many great scandinavian poker players is beacuase of the games and the mind of self control.

Many kids, just like high stakes professional DARED, did play World of Warcarft and other strategical games on the computer and whe have some swedes that lives in south coreea and are playing counter strike for an living! And Sweden is the country where most people per capita has access to Internet which means that virtualy anyone can hook up on the net and play.

There's something with the mentality in Sweden; we hate to lose. We have the greatest hockey players: Peter Forsberg, The Sedin brother, Ottoson and many more playing in the NHL. We have the best golf pros: Annika Sörenstam, Jesper Parnevik. (Tiger Woods girlfriend is swedish. She is hot!)We have the greatest ping-pong player: Jan-Ove Waldner. We have one of the biggest companies in the world: IKEA, Volvo, SAAB. And we have some of the greatest poker players. And all this comes from a country with just 9 million people! So our winning instinc comes with the breast milk.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bron and raised in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. Go Vikes. Oh ya, why doesn't my Nordic blodd help me play cards well? I suck!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you try our smörgåsbord? That will definately boost your poker skills [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (american spelling: smorgasbord)
Old 12-16-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not see how our culture affects the game of cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the stubbornness, and the fact that we're highly trained to be ashamed of any exterior sign of emotion. At least for the Scandinavian-Americans.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do not see how our culture affects the game of cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the stubbornness, and the fact that we're highly trained to be ashamed of any exterior sign of emotion. At least for the Scandinavian-Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and don't forget the Lutefisk.