Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: check out the email exchange i had with scott matusow

[ QUOTE ]

pot value

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL
Old 02-25-2007, 04:06 AM

Honestly i'm suprised everyone in this thread isn't more pro-OP. Scott matusow seems pretty unintelligent and/or uneducated, and it's funny to read. I think the thread could have been done better if less about the overall dispute between you two and more moronic quotes from SM.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:27 AM

2nd email is a rambling, babbling mess. Since it went so wildly overboard in defense of every silly little thing, it would be a reasonable bet that it was written by Mike, not Scott.
Scott's email (email #1) was, at least, intelligible. Not brilliant-- just not written by someone with 7th grade skills.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP is a douche with too much time on his hands and too much concern for the life and times of Mike Matusow.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-25-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP is a douche with too much time on his hands ....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-28-2007, 08:55 PM

lol guys lay off op, if you believe he is a douche for doing this to mike/scott then you, in-fact, are like the pot calling the kettle black (for those of you who dont get analogies you are being hypocritical).

also mike is [censored], i mean he does some things right and has apparently been monetarily successful but how he lives his life/reacts to beats/people speaks to the quality of his character (which is impressively low)

who saw high stakes poker when he got paid 4k to stay and play and lost his remaining checks along with the 4k? pretty funny that his peers (ivey nagranu etc) think so poorly of his play...

and finally scott/whoever wrote those email(s) is a huge idiot who cannot communicate in a reasonable/coherent fashion. On top of his deplorable skills of composition his arguments are as logically flawed as they could be and OP got just about everything right-of course no need to call MM a douche even though he does seem pretty lame

rand
Old 03-01-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol guys lay off op, if you believe he is a douche for doing this to mike/scott then you, in-fact, are like the pot calling the kettle black (for those of you who dont get analogies you are being hypocritical).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypocritical would be if those critical of the OP had also spammed blogs and then gotten on here to show emails and rail on the Matusows.

Regardless of his intentions he should not have spammed and having done so he should not have come on here to post emails and try to come off as if the Matusows were the only d-bags involved.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he says, "Online poker, and I will say this again, it not a real poker game." yeah, good call scott.

[/ QUOTE ]I kind've agree with this. NL cash players make fun of sng players and shorts-tackers b/c that's not real poker. However, live pros make fun of nl cash players b/c 100 bb poker is not real poker. I have to say I agree. 100bb poker is a joke and there's not a ton to it. Live deep stack seems pretty sick because there's so much more room for post-flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have seen more live pros shortstack than online pros. Gus, Ivey, and DB consistently buy in short where players like Durr, Aba, PA never do. Also on HSP I am pretty sure Aba brought the most to the table, why would this be the case if live pros are better or more experienced playing deep?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:28 PM

I was surprised to see Matasow get at least $100k/month from Full Tilt. I wonder if that includes free tourney entries and travel and such. Either way, pretty sweet deal, and if I were Mike, I'd probably want to keep those checks rolling and quit talking about how "online poker is rigged."
Old 03-02-2007, 06:18 PM

so is mikes ftp check wired directly into his online account or does some pay off the Interest Only mortgage?

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are getting more people agreeing with your points than you realize.
In a debate where the merit of the argument is the sole arbiter- you win.
In the real world of serious internets, it doesn't matter who wins. It's just retarted.

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant.