Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Is being a break-even poker player more frustrating than losing?

Over the course of about a year and a half of play at 2 sites, and over 40,000 hands, I'm down $15.00. After having been up $1,800 , this isn't very pleasing to say the least, but I would have to agree that especially with a game like NL Holdem, where 90% are losers, being that close to beating the rake is very satisfying. The NETeller debacle contributes to this satisfaction; I don't have to worry about taxes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As long as the hope to eventually cash in big still exists, then I am happy. (Although I'd be even happier if NETeller actually decided to return its customers' funds. Otherwise, I will have no choice but to charge that loss to the game, a malicious game in which I had 0% chance of winning it back in the first place.)
Old 02-20-2007, 04:33 PM

Is this question a joke. You could phrase your question differently or just not ask one because breaking even is obviously better than losing????????
Old 02-25-2007, 02:07 AM

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you aren't trying hard enough. How bad do you want to be a winning player? You sound kind of resigned, which never helped anyone accomplish anything. Shake it up: read more, change your hand selection, play at a different limit. Even the top 1% of all players can improve. One hand at a time...
Old 02-25-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you aren't trying hard enough. How bad do you want to be a winning player? You sound kind of resigned, which never helped anyone accomplish anything. Shake it up: read more, change your hand selection, play at a different limit. Even the top 1% of all players can improve. One hand at a time...

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I have just tilted away about 1/3 of my BR in 2 weeks, that took me about a year to build. But it's no good me sulking about it, or just doing the same thing over and over. With Poker is ALL about "learning from your mistakes". If you don't do that- you're going nowhere
Old 02-25-2007, 05:51 PM

I am also a break even play, but with whoring its easy to make 5-10 K. Thats ok for me.......dont need more.