Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: my ftp account got hacked

There used to be this bug on unibet (a prima site). If you clicked the button to turn poker chips into money real fast twice, it'd double your money. This guy I know, he knew about this and abused it for lotsa $$, but he didn't tell anyone else about it. Later when it got fixed, he spilled the story.

Anyway, when this friend of mine heard about it, and how the other guy had kept quiet about it even though they were good buddies and he knew he was in need of money, he got really pissed. He had the other guy's PW so he dumped $1k to his own account. Prima security promptly returned the money and forfeited the legit funds that were in the account. So my friend ended up losing $500 for his scamming.

Just thought I'd share a story with a happy ending for the dupee.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:43 PM

Ugh. I woke up at 3:00 am that morning and couldn't get back to sleep, and I actually watched most of the carnage. I'm not a HU player, so I'm not qualified to decisively say it was chip dumping, but I remember thinking afterwards that if what I had just witnessed wasn't chip dumping, it was pretty indistinguishable from it.

Both times they moved up, it was the hacker that suggested it, and prowings agreed in a heartbeat. 25/50 to 50/100 to 100/200. Unfortunately, it looks like the FTP client doesn't keep hand histories for observed hands very long, so I don't have the HH any more.

I do hope you get it all back.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. I woke up at 3:00 am that morning and couldn't get back to sleep, and I actually watched most of the carnage. I'm not a HU player, so I'm not qualified to decisively say it was chip dumping, but I remember thinking afterwards that if what I had just witnessed wasn't chip dumping, it was pretty indistinguishable from it.

Both times they moved up, it was the hacker that suggested it, and prowings agreed in a heartbeat. 25/50 to 50/100 to 100/200. Unfortunately, it looks like the FTP client doesn't keep hand histories for observed hands very long, so I don't have the HH any more.

I do hope you get it all back.

[/ QUOTE ]

puke
Old 02-24-2007, 11:18 PM

I wish you the best of luck jc in getting your money back. I'm not sure if you saw the thread in the Zoo where I was scammed out of 2k but FullTilt really did a excellent job handling the case. It was quite a bit different from yours in that the scammer was a poster on this site but I hold out hope you get your money back. FullTilt took a long time to respond to me too. I see you did the same thing I did where you keep emailing them over and over...eventually they can't ignore you any longer. Good luck to you.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:24 PM

i keep thanking everyone for their help, but really if it wasnt for John Juanda, they would have never read my emails. he had to call them until those [censored] would even look at my email.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i keep thanking everyone for their help, but really if it wasnt for John Juanda, they would have never read my emails. he had to call them until those [censored] would even look at my email.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's good to hear that these Pros are actually willing to stick out for their players. But at the same time it's sad... real sad, that FT is spending 1000s of $ to sponsor these guys, but yet don't give a rats about their non-signed players.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:56 PM

people who play there should look at full tilt more closely before continuing to play there. support shaky/accounts get hacked...hmmmmmmm......internal fraud is always a possibility...maybe not in this case.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:42 AM

and why the [censored] cant we get a [censored] phone number???
Old 02-25-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow what a friggin joke.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

J, you don't know me and I've never posted to 2+2 but this is the email I sent to FTP support, FTP security, and FTP technology today. I posted this on pfives but it didn't get much traction. I think it is absolutely deplorable that you would have to find an FT pro to get the attention of support. Wait 24-72 hours or more for their standard reply and your money would have been 100% gone... hopefully it isn't already.

--------------------------------
Preface: This email is strictly a suggestion. I have not been the victim of any fraudulent activity or account hacking.

With the recent hacking activity of seemingly every single high stakes player on FullTilt, Ultimate Bet, and Pokerstars, I think it is high time your organization takes a MUCH stronger stance on preventing such activity.

It was recently publicized on a 2+2 messageboard thread that the player 'jcmoussasux' on FullTilt had his account hacked and subsequently all his funds dumped to another player's account. This happens all too often in the online poker world with events such as this occuring daily in the recent months. I have now seen dozens of threads on Pocketfives.com and 2+2.

I cannot fault your compnay specificially for not taking basic secuity measures (all sites have basic security measures such as SSL encryptions). However, I can fault your site for a lethargic and potentially very expensive lack of response. I do not know the specific outcome of the jcmoussasux situation, nor do you as your investigation is not complete, but by the time someone at your company reads this email, it will probably be March 1 and the outcome will be known.

Simply put, your company is horrible at responding to emails in a timely manner and when critical issues are at hand (like the jcmoussasux situation), time is of the essence. What happened in this particular situation is that > 4 hours after sending FTP an email, no response had been recieved. Instead, someone had to seek out John Juanda (an FTP pro) at a table while he was playing and ask him to contact support on behalf of jcmoussasux.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! It appears there is simply no way to contact FTP immediately when there is an urgent/critical situation. In jcmoussasux's situation, his account should have been frozen no less than 10 minutes after sending an email explaining he had been hacked. Additionaly, in a situation as severe as jcmoussasux's, an investigation should start immediately with all accounts to which jcmoussasux has lost money to frozen as well. Time is of the essensce as every attempt to move this money around either to legitimate accounts or offsite will be made.

For there to be no way to reach support urgently is ridiculous, especially when there are millions of dollars invested in your compnay. You guys don't even have a phone number you can be reached at in cases of emergencies. The last time I sent FT an email over a simply Hand History request (which you guys really couldn't accomodate..... :-\) it took several days to recieve a reply.

Sometimes it seems the only way to reach someone at FT is to contact FTPDoug or FTPSean on the pocketfives.com messageboard.

FullTilt is not alone. Ultimate Bet.com has a similar issue with customer service and being reachable. I'm sure most of the online poker sites that have boomed recently are also fairly unreachable.

Pokerstars.com is not one of these sites. Everytime I have sent them an email, I have recieved at least a courtesy respone in at least 30 minutes. They apparently have the staff, funding, and determination to be a legitimate company with quality of service their #1 priority. While they to don't have a published phone number, it doesn't matter because they reply to emails VERY promptly.

So now that it's March 1 and you're finally reading this email.....

[Signature Removed]