Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Pushing draws at 50NL

Villian is 30/8 over 100 hands.

I rarely take this approach but wonder if I should. This hand is probably not a good example but the questions I have in mind are the following:

1) Is pushing with draws at 50NL spew with out a good read on the villian possessing the ability to fold
2) Is pushing with draws a meta-game tactic so that villians will call when you push with overpairs?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($53.90)
MP ($49.20)
Button ($49.60)
Hero ($64.25)
BB ($54.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($3) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($13) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $57.75</font>
Old 02-24-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Pushing draws at 50NL

I think pushing that turn with the line you've taken is pretty gross
Old 02-24-2007, 08:00 PM

True this is stack a donk - except without the overpair! I realize it was a bad example, but am really seeking a discussion on pushing draws. It feels like Im not doing it enough, i.e. never at 50NL. Should i?
Old 02-24-2007, 08:37 PM

I like pushing these types of superdraws (such as open-ended straight flush draw) or getting some money in the pot with them on the flop rather than the turn; this way you're allowing yourself to see both cards with them. I wouldn't recommend making this huge type of overbet on this turn probably drawing only to a heart or straight as an out here after the villain's minraise on the flop. I just call there and hope to break the villain's likely set or two pair.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:08 PM

pushing big draws is very profitable even at 50nl, and obviously it helps to get action when you play the same with a set.

but a huge draw on the flop is merely an ok draw on the turn. any made hand is a favourite, usually a big one, over even an OESFD by the turn.

you need to be able to fold great draws on the turn, or just call if you're getting the right odds, when its obvious villain likes his hand and is betting strongly.

in this case hes offering great odds, just call. if you hit, lead out, he'll prolly pay off, and if not you can c/f.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 PM

This line just screams spew. Villain seems to be showing strength, but doesn't seem to know how to size his bets to protect against draws.

Your turn play is particularly odd. If you want to maximize FE here, maybe lead out before shoving? CR AI seems ridiculous, anyway. 3bAI shows more strength more often than CR AI does. It looks fishy, which weakens your FE against AJ, JJ, and overpairs, who are going to crush you &gt;62% of the time when they do call.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:21 PM

you are getting huge odds to draw here, alot of your outs are concealed, just call and take down the big pot when you hit.