Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas video

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Btw I'm pretty sure I can beat this, probably by a decent margin.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL. So you shoot over 75% from behind the arc? Surely you played D1 collegiate ball then - where was it? Or are you just a hometown streetball legend back at the dust court behind your trailer?

lol 75% 3-point shooter, haha mayyybe from the line

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz this was already discussed in the other thread months ago, I did play D1 ball, though it was only a as a walk-on for one year, no HUGE deal...
Old 02-24-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing I was disputing was Chump Change's claim that he could probably beat this "by a fair margin" using one hand. That's asinine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, "a fair margin" is arbitrary and a bit asinine, that part was just to get the ball rolling and angry up the blood of some of you guys.

But the fact is this, it's a hustle, and a great one at that because even if I spelled out how much of a hustle it is, like all great hustles, most people still won't believe it or grasp it.

Shooting one handed is the oldest and best drill to perfect your shot, and I say I PROBABLY could beat 73/100 because I have before. I was actually VERY surprised Arenas shot this low as I assumed it would be in the high 80s.

It's not harder to shoot with one hand and if you overcome the psychological element it's actually easier, assuming one important thing: You aren't shooting with a time limit and have ample time to catch your breath (no matter how minimally winded you might be) and set up.

The one handed shot forces you to adopt the perfect, correct form on every shot. The only reason a great, pure shooter wouldn't shoot near 100% from the key (assuming we're talking unguarded, unrushed shots) is that quite frankly it gets [censored] boring, and you either start pushing or pulling some shots as you lose your focus or start tyring to make it more challenging by mimicking game situations; i.e. rushing the shots, shooting them slightly off balance, having your non-shooting hand in a slightly awkward position, having your feet not totally square, etc. The one handed shot eliminates all this because it's almost impossible to do so. You have to calmly make sure the ball is sitting on your shooting hand correctly and your elbow (this is the biggest reason shots miss) is tucked in.

Long story short, easier. But even with this in-depth analysis (and I could go on, this was actually succinct) yall mother [censored] (except the actual ballplayers, there are a couple) STILL will have a hard time believing it. The perfect hustle, lolz.

Ok, carry on, i'll check back.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:35 AM

if you have a rebounder like that it's easy to get in a rhythm and hit 10 in a row at a time. I'd say 75% is doable from rhythm shooters that didn't even play college ball. I'm sure I could on certain nights, not saying I could do it consistantly.

My personal best was 30 3-pointers in a row, and I was moving all along the line, not in the same spot twice in a row.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:40 AM

where did you play chump
Old 02-24-2007, 10:34 AM

You guys must be mistakin 3pointers for free throws. Oh ya, i forgot everyone has a 145 IQ too.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:03 AM

Uhm college 3pt line and NBA 3 pt line is a huge difference. I used to hit about 60-80 from college line every time. However I'd hit about 40-55 from 3pt range, such a big difference. I highly doubt anyone on this board could hit 70 from nba range on a consistant basis or even 1 outta 100 tries.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:22 PM

WTF?!? Do people in this thread really think shooting 75% from a college 3-point line UNGUARDED is an AMAZING feat? I know Div. II & III players that can do this easily. Like seriously, go to your nearest Div. II college and ask their staring 2 to try this. I'd be very surprised if they couldn't do it.

Also, everything CHUMP CHANGE just posted about shooting one handed is correct. Anyone properly trained in the game learned by shooting one handed, working their way from the basket out.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:24 PM

obviously but catching and shooting quickly with one hand is hard
Old 02-24-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously but catching and shooting quickly with one hand is hard

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're not talking about the speed at which Arenas did in the video, because if you are...

HYCHCHCHAHAHCYCYHA

Its the same as shooting with two hands!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:34 PM

its definatly not its harder to keep a straight line and much less automatic and stop trying to make me look stupid cause i know what im talking about..