Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Table Talk

Since the first couple weeks, when his sarcastic one-liners were lame, I think the announcer has been doing a great job. He basically just says the action when it may have been a bit unclear, or if the pot was off-camera (during an interview), and does not interfere with the player conversation much at all.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Poker After Dark and Professional Poker Tour DVDs

I love both shows, unfortunately I donīt live in the US and cannot see them live. For all of you who havenīt been able to see them email me hucorte@vtr.net
Old 02-23-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread - Week 7

[ QUOTE ]
Was it just me, or did Ted Forrest seem butthurt that Tony G lied to him. That was pretty awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I couldn't tell if he was serious or not...But regardless, it wouldn't be Tony's fault. I mean who actually BELIEVES someone when they're in the middle of a big hand like that. Tony can say whatever he wants. He he's lying and Ted actually believes him and calls...that's Ted's fault.

But it was funny how he reacted, lol.

-TheMan
Old 02-23-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Clonie makes my head hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you'd tap that. I know I would.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:58 PM

Tony G folded QTs UTG at a 4-handed table while he was the big stack. What a nit. This format seems to favour very tight play. HSP is so much better.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tony G folded QTs UTG at a 4-handed table while he was the big stack. What a nit. This format seems to favour very tight play. HSP is so much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you are aware that in High Stakes Poker, you are seeing an edited show. Hundreds of hands are played. You see a percentage of them.

On Poker After Dark, it's possible that in a given week, every hand is shown.

There are plenty of "tight" folds preflop by many players on HSP; because those hands aren't that compelling, you never see them. Poker After Dark is a different type of show, so you'll see a player like Tony G fold Q10s utg four-handed
Old 02-24-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see Tony G play in the Million Dollar Cash Game show? He is far from a nit, although he played even tighter on the other PAD table. It seems like he does his best to adapt to the table conditions and blind structures. He has several gears.

He misread Clonie's hand horribly, but overall seems like a good player. I always wonder how many of these guys really make a living just from playing poker?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He has several gears.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. Both of the times I've seen him play he starts off playing really tight, giving himself a nitty table image, then later on he starts playing a wider range of hands (Q6o for example).
Old 02-24-2007, 12:31 PM

The announcer is Ali Nejad. He and Phil Gordon were the announcers on the WSOP final table pay per view. They did a great job on that. They also do a really good job on ESPN's ProAm poker equalizer.

I didn't watch week 1 just this week. I kept waiting to hear Gordon add his commentary. Just listening to Nejad give basic information bores me. They really handcuffed him and the show sucks alot because of it.

I don't get it they had Gordon and Nejad together on the ProAm equalizer doing there normal commentating and there was still plenty of room for the players to talk and banter with each other.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The announcer is Ali Nejad. He and Phil Gordon were the announcers on the WSOP final table pay per view. They did a great job on that. They also do a really good job on ESPN's ProAm poker equalizer.

I didn't watch week 1 just this week. I kept waiting to hear Gordon add his commentary. Just listening to Nejad give basic information bores me. They really handcuffed him and the show sucks alot because of it.

I don't get it they had Gordon and Nejad together on the ProAm equalizer doing there normal commentating and there was still plenty of room for the players to talk and banter with each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that this matters, but I watched the PPV of the final table, and did anyone else get the impression that Nejad is... erm, gay?