Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Bottom 2p Power!

SB - 22.94/11.93/1.41
CO - 42.86/16.05/1.21

Do we check the river or bet/fold?

My main concern is the turn. Given that we have two pair, do we raise/fold the turn in this big pot? Or is it better to simply call down?

Oh and I called pf because I was pretty confident it was not going to get 3bet

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (21BB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero ?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Bottom 2p Power!

ck call, u prolly lost
Old 02-24-2007, 11:00 AM

I don't mind a turn raise here. I want those flush draws out, plus very good chance you still have the best hand.

As played, yeah, check/call river.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:48 AM

c/c

i'd fold to 2 bets on river
Old 02-24-2007, 11:51 AM

I'd fold the turn as played.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:07 PM

I think folding the turn is a bit weak. Most of the time, hero is loosing to a set but once in a while you have a misplayed overpair. I raise/fold the turn.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:11 PM

PREFLOP: Becuz of your poor relative postion, folding preflop is ok here. I think calling is ok too however. I guess my point is the play is close.

FLOP: Your initial raise was good, but your cap is terrible. When you cap that flop the first thought that enters my mind is "This guy doesnt know how to play big pots" You need to understand that calling the flop 3bet and raising the turn is the only play here with your specific hand. I believe capping the flop is a very large strategic error.

TURN: Given that you capped the flop you should still raise the turn when the SB donks. Theres no compelling reason to believe the SB has you beat yet and this pot is huge so raise and protect your hand. Even if you cant protect your hand, this raise is also for value.

Given that you called the turn and the guy behind you raised, I would still call here cuz getting 20-1, you only need to have an average of around 2 pure outs to make this call profitable.

RIVER: Check/call for one more. You dont have enough information to check/fold here in this huge pot. Put him on FPS AA's or an overplayed Qs8s, or some other tilt induced hand. Or just pretend that the villain's soon to be ex-girlfriend took over his computer after catching him cheating. Just make up a reason to call unless youre positive that the CO has you beat.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:39 PM

I think everything than a pre fold is a massive spew.You have to hit at least 2pair to have a Hand with showdown value so i fold pf and feel smart to safe a bet.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everything than a pre fold is a massive spew.You have to hit at least 2pair to have a Hand with showdown value so i fold pf and feel smart to safe a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] you have no value in this pot? No equity?

I was going to post a long post but ILP already stole my thunder. He basically learned this from me and is passing it off as his own idea [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

To the OP, you have bottom two. Your hand is decent, but it kinds sucks as well. If a T hits the turn, you lose, if a FD comes in on the turn, you have 4 outs.

If you have bottom two, call the 3 bang, raise a safeish turn card. That is a safe looking turn card.

If you have a set, or a monster combo draw, THAT's when you cap the flop
Old 02-24-2007, 03:15 PM

This is a real tricky hand. I could see myself folding turn if I suspected that anyone of the flop coldcallers planned a raise behind me but I doubt that I could actually do it at the table.
I think the river is a check/fold.