Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 06:11 AM

Default NBA 2/15/2006

Not much time to write this up, as I'm going to bed shortly, but here are my picks for tomorrow (a large amount of my thought process behind each has been omitted intentionally due to lack of time, sorry):

1) Phoenix (-3) at Denver
The Suns have played extremely well versus tough teams this year. I probably will never pick them to cover as a favorite with a large spread against a crappy team (as they tend to play to the level of their opponents) ever again, but at -3, this is basically "the Suns will win."

2) Miami (-6) at Orlando
Did you see Miami last night? They wrecked the Magic. The game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated (and the score didn't indicate it was that close). It seems that Shaq is back. He's been seeing a bit more playing time than normal in the past couple games - this is great for the Heat. Wade is also playing well - he lit up Orlando last night. If you liked them at -10 (a lot of people did), you should love them at -6, even if they are on the road.

3) San Antonio (-6) at Philadelphia
This pick is the one I'm not very sure of. San Antonio has generally dominated the 76ers in the past. They didn't have CWebb though, so this could be a major factor in this game. That said, the last time the two teams played (back in Dec.) Webber was a non-factor. I expect more of the same. Also, just in general, San Antonio is red hot (they JUST had their winning streak snapped and are likely back out for a win) while the 76ers are merely "meh" lately. I genuinely believe that Webber's performance dictates the outcome of this game. If San Antonio's defense shuts him down, I think you are going to see a game that winds up as almost a blowout.

I usually don't like betting the combination of favorites and road team, but most of these decisions seemed pretty clear to me. Any comments/analyses are appreciated.

Record YTD: 14-4
Old 02-15-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: NBA 2/15/2006

[ QUOTE ]

2) Miami (-6) at Orlando
Did you see Miami last night? They wrecked the Magic. The game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated (and the score didn't indicate it was that close). It seems that Shaq is back. He's been seeing a bit more playing time than normal in the past couple games - this is great for the Heat. Wade is also playing well - he lit up Orlando last night. If you liked them at -10 (a lot of people did), you should love them at -6, even if they are on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope Shaq doesn't break his ankles... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Phoenix (-3) at Denver
The Suns have played extremely well versus tough teams this year. I probably will never pick them to cover as a favorite with a large spread against a crappy team (as they tend to play to the level of their opponents) ever again, but at -3, this is basically "the Suns will win."

2) Miami (-6) at Orlando

[/ QUOTE ]

I layed off your 3rd pick because you didnt sound as sure...keep up the good work man!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:43 AM

I need to start charging juice. :P