Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Beat: This could be your car.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why can half the people in this thread not read? Owning the car in the OP was posted as a beat, that's B-E-A-T guys. Aka a bad thing. Was the post or title edited or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-22-2007, 10:05 AM

you can read the title differently: "HEY GUYS!!! YOU COULD HAVE THIS CAR BUT I GOT IT FIRST!!! HAHA! SO THAT'S A BEAT FOR YOU!!!"
Old 02-24-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hmm...350z, Skyline GTR, STi, EVO, Supra, MR2, RX-7, RX-8, G35, S2000, NSX, Integra Type R, 300zx, 240SX, 4G powered Eclipses....just to know a few..

BTW, Benz was bought out by Diam Chrysler, and the Benz is not that great anymore FYI...

There are good American cars and good Japanese cars...I'm a car lover and I thikn Mustangs, Corvettes, Vipers, even the SRT-4 is pretty nice. Stop hating just because it's from Japan, you should open up your mind and stop being so ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...Mazda is owned by Ford. LOLOL at Eclipse and 'high end' in same sentence. Well...I'll just stop there.

Also, why can half the people in this thread not read? Owning the car in the OP was posted as a beat, that's B-E-A-T guys. Aka a bad thing. Was the post or title edited or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, owning a company, ie having stocks does not mean they design and make the vehicles. Yeah, it's quite obvious back in the days some of their cars shared way too many parts and even design, but not anymore. BTW, the Eclipse had the earlier versions of the Lancer Evolution's engine, the 4G63 engine. If you knew anything about cars besides watching that lame fast and the furious crap, you'd truly respect them. These 4G63's can be tuned to make very nice numbres. THe 4G63 engine as well as the Supra JZ engine are top notch. Yes the BMW have also made amazing engines but you have to admit it's quite impressive to squeeze out over 400 hp just out of 2.0 liters rather than stuffing a 6 liters to make 500 like the corvette. I love cars, I realyl do, but you can't say Japanese cars are crap, or one is better than the other based on their origin. Every car is nice, every country has their good and bad. Cars are just amazing. I think having a 2.5 Liter Subaru STi race against higher end cars and beating them with tuning is a pretty impressive achievement.

Exotic cars are nice to look it and drive on weekends. I would get one just because it's baller and it's damn good out of the box. I'd get a Japanese import to tinker with and mess around and bring it to the track. Relatively cheap incase you total it, fun to actually get hands on experience iwth your car. Same goes for American, most of them are drag racing oriented with lots of horsepower because thats what most Americans car about.

BTW, civics can be made to be nice, drop any engine like the gsr or rsx, boost it, and you get a 11 second car, plus they are light and handle well. On an episode of american touge by best motorings, they brought in an EK, civic hatch that outperformed the higher end cars. Lambo's aren't everything, with money, you can make ANY car go fast.