Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: At Least Don\'t Eat Pigs?

[ QUOTE ]
Although the extreme arguments for total vegetarianism can be somewhat refuted by invoking health, human pleasure, and animal's lack of sentience

[/ QUOTE ]

Health? In what way?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:48 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I've always heard pigs were number 3 behind primates and dolphins.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:43 AM

wtf? how can you have a bacon and egg sandwich without a dead pig and a chicken foetus?

noone cares about animal intelligence... just about animal taste
Old 02-24-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do cooked humans taste good too? If it turned out we had a food shortage, so that food was very expensive, and human meat was very healthy, would it be ok to harvest the chronically stupidest occupants of a mental assylum for food? Assume you can't get into any trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the ones in a asylum. But I would consider it my duty to eat the chronically stupid people around in society before they reproduced. Eventually if I eat enough of them maybe I would run out of people who fit that mold and the problem would fix it self. Eugenics through ingestion.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf? how can you have a bacon and egg sandwich without a dead pig and a chicken foetus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you advocate baby bacon as a viable substitute?

But yeah, most people only care about the taste and health dimensions when it comes to animal consumption...
Old 02-24-2007, 04:41 AM

I'm actually training poodles to do cancer research, but they don't know how to operate the lab equipment very well.

Don't forget about mad cow, etc. not to mention ecological stress, scarcity, pollution and waste.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If super intelligent aliens came down and put your arse in a deep fry, would you sing a different tune?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:41 AM

FWIW, wild pigs really suck: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig#Environmental_impacts.

And domestic pigs aren't exactly a commonly appreciated pet, other than for eventual consumption. They really don't have much use for us, in the parts of the world where they're not native. So why should we care about them?

I think an animal's intelligence is just loosely correlated to a person's aversion to eating it. Australians have an aversion to eating the Kangaroo because it's a national symbol. It just so happens that the more intelligent an animal is, the more likely it is to have a better use for us than food (and when the animal is one that would make for good consumption, the logistical requirement is greater). When it has that use, people don't eat it, and over time the social stigma sets in. If pigs don't seem to have any use, I have no problem eating them.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:30 PM

Meh, I would eat human meat if it tasted good

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do cooked humans taste good too? If it turned out we had a food shortage, so that food was very expensive, and human meat was very healthy, would it be ok to harvest the chronically stupidest occupants of a mental assylum for food? Assume you can't get into any trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the ones in a asylum. But I would consider it my duty to eat the chronically stupid people around in society before they reproduced. Eventually if I eat enough of them maybe I would run out of people who fit that mold and the problem would fix it self. Eugenics through ingestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who would you stack in a game of poker if all retards were eaten then?

[Ieatp1gs therefore I am]
Old 02-24-2007, 09:40 PM

What the blue blazes? I ahould probably back out of this forum right now. I am from the South. I will eat pig. If the pig is more intelligent than its competitors, all the more reason to eat it before it completely consumes the wetlands and then turns its attention to its next project. Would you encourage your competitors to hang around at the poker table? No you would try to raise them off their hands and get them the hell out of the pot. Next question?