Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Poker in Tahoe

Im considering a move to Lake Tahoe in the next six months. I know there is poker at harrahs but besides that i am clueless. Any residents want to give me a rundown on limits and games for the area?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Poker in Tahoe

woops wrong forum move to B and M plz...
Old 02-23-2007, 03:27 AM

In before the move...

I just played at Harvey's last weekend. With 27 tables, Harvey's is the largest room in Tahoe. They had many $300NL ($2/$3 blinds) and a pair of $1kNL ($3/$5 blinds) games, as well as several 3/6 LHE games, and a 4/8 Omaha 8 w/a half kill. I only had a few hours to play and played the $300 max, and it was a very good game with lots of action and some very clueless players. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to play the $1k NL (long list), but from past experience it's a tougher game, but still good. I'm sure one of the locals can give you some better info.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:01 AM

The first time I ever played Hold Em was at Tahoe during a winter break trip. I played 1-2 limit and lost 20 bucks. I was like "Oh my God. I just lost $20." The good old days when money meant something to me.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:13 PM

Mont Bleu has a nice new room, but I haven't gotten a chance to play there. The main problem with Tahoe is that the games aren't that great during the week a lot of times. Mostly dependent on the tourists on the weekends.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:23 PM

Last month I was in Tahoe and played at the Nugget on north shore. No snow, so no tourists, just local resort employees short on work and long on time trying to out-bluff each other. It was glorious.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:30 PM

During non-tourist weekends, it can be a bit slow...but during those weekends its easy money. rooms are packed with loong lists.

other times the games are always going on at harveys. the mont bleu room is big and nice, but havent played there. just saw it at 2am when i was wasted and they only had one 2/5 nl table going