Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Heroes 19/02/2007

[ QUOTE ]
but the idea that there is seemingly a remarkably small number of heroes, and the fact that two different pairs of heroes had children is so unbelieveable given the parameters of the world created in the show.

[/ QUOTE ]
Linderman was very eager to get Nikki to sex Nathan. If she turns out to be pregnant (I don't know how long it's been since they slept together.), that goes a long way towards explaining this problem.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had another thought. What if saving the cheerleader was not the way to save the world. Like it was not the fact that Peter saver her, but the fact that he was around her and Sylar to gain their powers. He would save the world by using their powers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I like this theory. That would be some pretty cool thinking on the writers part.

For whoever said that Linderman is HRG's boss - I really hope not. It would seem that way (that Linderman is pretty much connected/in charge of everything) - but it seems so obvious that I think it would be a cop-out.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems especially plausible given the last ten minutes of tonight's ep. question is how exactly would claire save him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, Claire might not even save New York. It wasn't "save the cheerleader, save New York"

all you obnoxious Americans are so self centered [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe New York will need to be blown up to save the world.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ive liked the cop from the beginning although i agree w/ a lot of the negative things people have said about him. i admit part of the reason ive liked him is because i like his power. the writers are doing a horrible job taking shortcuts w/ how he handles his marriage which reflect negatively on him. they should just cut that part of the story out. they dont have the depth in the show to commit to doing it right. too many characters to fully develop a storyline like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the part about the cop that bothers me. He finds out his wife is banging his partner, punches him out and walks out on the wife. The next day, his wife says "Honey, I'm pregnant" and everyting is roses again. HELLO!??!?? Any chance you ain't the baby's daddy? Dumba$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree. the entire reconcilliation should have taken a season or more and instead it took one episode. the writers completely botched that. either take the time to deal w/ it somewhat realistically or dont even introduce it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly think they rewrote the plot halfway through filming. If you think about it, they had him pretty much completely leaving his wife(for good reason), and even had a love interest written in (the female FBI agent). Then i guess they figured he'd be better suited as a family man, and changed the whole plot, writing the FBI woman out and having the cop pretty much turn a blind eye to everything his wife did, and gave him a reason to stay.

One thing i haven't seen mentioned is that before Sylar killed the mechanic, she said "I didn't hear any footsteps", to which he replied "thats because there weren't any". What kind of power could that be?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I honestly think they rewrote the plot halfway through filming. If you think about it, they had him pretty much completely leaving his wife(for good reason), and even had a love interest written in (the female FBI agent). Then i guess they figured he'd be better suited as a family man, and changed the whole plot, writing the FBI woman out and having the cop pretty much turn a blind eye to everything his wife did, and gave him a reason to stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possible. They had him pretty undecided about things and had a bit of sexual tension with the FBI woman. When she told him that she liked him he looked like he felt awkward about it. Even if they did rewrite it as they went along, it still fits with what we know about his character already.

And since when is someone completely forgiving their partner for infidelity abnormal? It happens all the time except that usually it just leads to people getting trapped in crappy relationships.

[ QUOTE ]
One thing i haven't seen mentioned is that before Sylar killed the mechanic, she said "I didn't hear any footsteps", to which he replied "thats because there weren't any". What kind of power could that be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sylar already has telekinesis. He can move objects with his mind. He should be able to use this power to move his own body.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Yeah, i forgot that Claire survived the fire as a baby - which seems to confirm (at least from the little evidence we know) a dual gene child from two hero parents has powers from much earlier, perhaps even from birth.

As for Nikki/Jessica sleeping with Nathan - i dont think this is a case of Lindeman wanting to try and get her pregnant - he likely only used her as a resource to achieve the goal of blackmailing Nathan once he is elected.

Though it is pretty clear she has worked for him before in an assassin role - he wouldnt entrust such a hit to some insane housewife with no previous experience - it is obivous that Lindeman knows a lot more about Jessica than Nikki does.

As for Mat, i agree his change in character direction was stupid and made no sense. At some point in the break they decided to give him a roll either with the main group of heroes, or working with the bad guys - but as a cop working with the FBI his character had little distance to run outside of him establishing some kind of FBI-Hero buruea. Which woulda been stupid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had another thought. What if saving the cheerleader was not the way to save the world. Like it was not the fact that Peter saver her, but the fact that he was around her and Sylar to gain their powers. He would save the world by using their powers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I like this theory. That would be some pretty cool thinking on the writers part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the more i think about it, the more it makes sense that Claires part in saving the world has less to do with her being litterally involved and more to do with Sylar not getting her power, and as a bonus Peter getting it.

Future Hiro went back to tell Peter specifically "save the cheerleader, save the world" and "to be the one we need".

-----

As for Hiros power in the latest ep, remember he can change time for specific characters and presumably objects. Maybe as he closed his eyes he didnt turn back time for him (and presumably Ando) but instead turned back time for the woman (or possibly just the gun) so that everyone around them could move normally and stop her before she could fire the gun.

His eyes were closed (best i can recall) and in all likelyhood Hiro himself didnt realise he effected time - which means it is likely he can control time subconsciously as well as consciously.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which hero are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

ship:

Sylar
You scored 16 Idealism, 58 Nonconformity, 50 Nerdiness
How can you stop what's coming... when you don't know anything about power?
Congratulation, you're Sylar, the artist formerly known as Gabriel Gray! You are a seriously nerdy person with an enormous desire to be different, and to be recognized for it. As long as you don't go eating brains, this doesn't have to be a bad thing at all. You're ambitious, intelligent, tenacious, and unique. Your best quality: Panache Your worst quality: An obsessive desire for recognition and power

You scored higher than 1% on Idealism

obv I have a great deal of faith in human nature.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever said Sylars new ability is pointless really doesnt get its full potential. As for why he takes it then, going back to his beginnings with Mohindars dad, it is pretty clear he is of below average intelligence with little hope of becoming important - he is happy to use his ability to mend watches and nothing more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sylar killed the waitress and got her power. Was she super-smart, or did she just remember everything she read?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sylar killed the waitress and got her power. Was she super-smart, or did she just remember everything she read?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's up for debate that sylar killed the waitress. I think that Hiro went back in time, spent months with her, and she died naturally. The were very unclear about it, if i remember.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's up for debate that sylar killed the waitress. I think that Hiro went back in time, spent months with her, and she died naturally. The were very unclear about it, if i remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiro went back in time and spent some time with her (maybe a few days). She told him she had a life threatening illness. Then he got teleported back to Japan somehow before he could kiss her.