Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Get Your Noob Out-uNL edition

Do you think folding TT/JJ to 3bets from unknowns at 50nl is +EV? I usually fold TT but not JJ. My standard line with JJ is call 3bet, then on a 962 flop call a cbet and fold turn to more turn aggression unimproved. On an A/K high flop I just fold flop. How many unknowns are really 3betting AK though? Should I even be calling the flop bet with all unders?

<font color="purple">The first time I see someone 3-bet, I will probably fold it. After that it becomes read based. I'm not a fan of 4-betting light or shoving full stacks pre-flop with TT, but if I have position, I'm fine calling a 3-bet and playing some poker. </font>
Old 02-23-2007, 02:17 PM

From my recent post: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...vc=#Post9300008

Why is everyone saying this is a pre-flop fold?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50 - Max buy-in $100
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $16.85
UTG+1: $61.90
CO: $66.85
Button: $42.37
SB: $62.95
King: $70.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) King is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button raises to $2, SB folds, King calls ....

<font color="purple"> Biggest reason it's a fold is that you aren't closing the action. Another very good reason is that it is hard to play draws OOP. </font>
Old 02-23-2007, 02:19 PM

How can I get newbie off my title?

<font color="purple"> Looks like you figured it out </font>
Old 02-23-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can I get newbie off my title?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not answer this.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Thanks again for doing this.

1) What are the pros and cons for having your standard c-bet size as ~3/4 pot vs. full pot? If you prefer one or the other, why is that?
<font color="purple"> I vary between 3/4 pot depending on my mood, but I will stick with one for each session. Pros are FE, cons are you lose more when called. It's really just how much of an appetite do you have for variance</font>

2) Heads up. Against someone who raises every single button, donkbets 85% of flops on my raises, 3-barrels with bottom pair/air...is this a good table? Can you do much other than wait for a hand to bust him with?

<font color="purple"> This is a table from heaven. You will get paid with TPTK plus. I would try to isolate this guy every hand that I wanted to play. I'd also open up my range in position if he is in the pot. I would also be more inclined to limp behind with some pretty speculative hands that can flop big if the target has already limped in. </font>
Old 02-23-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> Biggest reason it's a fold is that you aren't closing the action. Another very good reason is that it is hard to play draws OOP. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "closing the action?" Do you mean that I should fold because two players still have to act behind me?

And as long as I'm asking for remedial poker definitions, what exactly is meant by "float?" As in:

[ QUOTE ]
not really a noob question, but this hand came up and made me go ?!?! somewhat relates to an earlier post too.

Fish limps on CO, Mr. Exploitable raises on button to 2.50, sb calls, i call with 99, fish calls.

Flop comes 323, checks to exploitable, he bets.

Exploitable stats are 26/20/4. He cbets 86% and folds the turn 70% over a 500 or 600 hand sample. Do you <font color="red">float</font> or check raise here, or would you just assume he doesn't autocbet THAT much?

Also, how often do you <font color="red">float</font> this guy? I think i was doing it about 40% of the time, so only 10-20% of the time with complete air.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for responding, and good topic overall. I think I was in need of a refresher.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "closing the action?" Do you mean that I should fold because two players still have to act behind me?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> Yes </font>

[ QUOTE ]
And as long as I'm asking for remedial poker definitions, what exactly is meant by "float?" As in:

[ QUOTE ]
not really a noob question, but this hand came up and made me go ?!?! somewhat relates to an earlier post too.

Fish limps on CO, Mr. Exploitable raises on button to 2.50, sb calls, i call with 99, fish calls.

Flop comes 323, checks to exploitable, he bets.

Exploitable stats are 26/20/4. He cbets 86% and folds the turn 70% over a 500 or 600 hand sample. Do you <font color="red">float</font> or check raise here, or would you just assume he doesn't autocbet THAT much?

Also, how often do you <font color="red">float</font> this guy? I think i was doing it about 40% of the time, so only 10-20% of the time with complete air.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for responding, and good topic overall. I think I was in need of a refresher.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> Floating is calling a bet in position with the intention of taking the initiative on later streets. </font>
Old 02-23-2007, 03:34 PM

I hate poker because: (I play FTP and it's rigged [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

50NL
Villain has a Fold to CBet% of 40% over a bazillion hands

Buttoned Hero raises 1st in w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain calls from BB.

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to Hero who then CBets PSB and gets called.

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to Hero who bets ¾ pot..... called. <font color="blue"> Of course you VB against floaters here.... right? </font>

River is 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain puts out a PSB.

<font color="purple">Unless villain is extra tricky this is an easy fold. Your cards are basically face up and he doesn't care. Turn bet is fine. Sometimes I'll check behind for pot control, especially if I know villain likes to stab at pots. </font>
Old 02-23-2007, 03:41 PM

I have a quite peculiar tilt problem: I take things at the table extremely personal. Maybe I'm too competitive. When I get it AI with AA against T4o preflop and the latter hand sucks out, that is almost no problem to me (anymore). But what can really tilt me, are LAGs that raise me with nothing and I know I can't call, because they always have the bottom pair and my AQo will stay UI till SD. I have trouble handling these kinds of things and I get angry at the player and "get loud" in front of my computer and feel extremely awkward afterwards, because there are people living around me. Can you give any advice to deal with this kind of problem?

<font color="blue">Throw stuff? I have the same problem. </font>
Old 02-23-2007, 04:19 PM

I feel like a lot of my lines go something like this:

PF: Raise in decent position. 1 caller.
Flop: Caller checks, I c-bet, he calls.
Turn: Caller shoves or makes a huge bet. I fold.

I feel like I'm being bluffed on this turn over and over again, but I haven't really improved and can't call. More than anything else in the game, this pisses me off. Should I be raising this turn with air from time to time (like ~15%), or is this a case where I should wait until he makes a good hand versus the nuts?

<font color="blue">If im OOP against an opponent that has done this in the past, ill 2 barrel occusionally on favorable turns or turns that I feel are blanks and he will fold based on previous action. In position if he leads and I have nothing, Im dunzo. </font>
Closed Thread